Senior Infrastructure Engineer (Core Infra)
Zip is tackling the $50B+TAM space to transform the way businesses manage spend. Our co-founders started Zip (YC S2020) because they saw the challenges companies had using outdated 20 year old software to manage hundreds of millions of dollars in spend every year. We invented the world’s leading Intake-to-Procure solution to bring a consumer grade user experience to B2B purchasing. And, we’re just getting started.
We're a fast growing team that helped scale category-defining companies like Airbnb, Facebook, Salesforce, Apple, Quora, Pinterest, and Square. With $180 million in funding from YC Continuity (Y Combinator), CRV and Tiger Global, we're valued at $1.5 billion in just 3 years. In today's economic climate, the value we offer our customers is more critical than ever and our business is accelerating. We're growing quickly and need your help!
We are looking for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to help drive our core infrastructure reliability and scalability, and further evolve our backend systems to be ready for the next stage growth of Zip.
We have a small but super talented Infrastructure team covering the following areas:
- Core Infrastructure: reliability and scalability of a few core infra systems at Zip including Elasticsearch, Celery, Redis and Nginx
- Data & Storage: RDS & a standard DB entity accessing layer on top, Kinesis/Kafka, streaming infra, and observability across the tech stack
- DevOps: system provisioning & scaling, k8s maintenance & stability, CI/CD, testing infra, and local dev setups
- SRE: process and tooling for incident response and management
- Take full ownership of core Infra systems, including responsibility for deploys, monitoring, debugging, and overall reliability & scalability
- Implement a holistic view of system health with thorough monitoring across systems and products
- Improve system reliability and implement solid failure-over and disaster recovery strategies.
- Proactively find and implement opportunities to improve site performance
- 6+ years of software engineering experience in backend infrastructures.
- BS or higher, in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g. physics or math)
- Experience working with some of the key systems used at Zip, such as ElasticSearch, Redis, Kafka, Celery, Nginx
- Experience working at a small company with diverse responsibilities is a bonus, but not required
- Ability and interest to quickly learn new frameworks, architecture patterns, and programming languages as needed
The salary range for this role is $160,000 - $210,000. The salary for this position is determined based on a variety of job-related factors that may include location, relevant experience, education, or particular skills and expertise.
Perks & Benefits
At Zip, we’re committed to providing our employees with everything they need to do their best work.
- 📈 Start-up equity
- 🦷 Full health, vision & dental coverage
- 🍽️ Catered lunches & dinners for SF employees
- 🚍 Commuter benefit
- 🚠 Team building events & happy hours
- 🌴 Flexible PTO
- 💻 Apple equipment plus home office budget
- 💸 401k plan
We're looking to hire Zippers and that means hiring people who take ownership, communicate openly, have an underdog mindset, and are excited to increase the pace of innovation for every business in the world. We encourage all candidates to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match up to our job description. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workspace where everyone (regardless of age, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, and more) feels like they belong. We look forward to hearing from you!
Something looks off?