Senior Software Engineer
Zip is tackling the $50B+TAM space to transform the way businesses manage spend. Our co-founders started Zip (YC S2020) because they saw the challenges companies had using outdated 20 year old software to manage hundreds of millions of dollars in spend every year. We invented the world’s leading Intake-to-Procure solution to bring a consumer grade user experience to B2B purchasing. And, we’re just getting started.
We're a fast growing team that helped scale category-defining companies like Airbnb, Facebook, Salesforce, Apple, Quora, Pinterest, and Square. With $180 million in funding from YC Continuity (Y Combinator), CRV and Tiger Global, we're valued at $1.5 billion in just 3 years. In today's economic climate, the value we offer our customers is more critical than ever and our business is accelerating. We're growing quickly and need your help!
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be responsible for building Zip’s core products and architecture. We have a wide product surface area, covering request management, no code workflow builders, customer-facing reporting dashboards, connections to ticketing systems, integrations with financial systems, B2B payment processing and more. You will ship features that will be immediately used by our users, and will work with a tight-knit team that values open communication and cross-functional collaboration. We move quickly to solve a wide range of complex technical and product challenges. While we are an experienced team that can provide guidance and mentorship, we value engineers who can autonomously scope and solve difficult technical challenges.
- Design and build highly reliable and resilient products and features.
- Work closely with cross functional product and customer-facing teams to understand requirements and ship thoughtful solutions.
- Write high-quality, extensible, and maintainable code.
- Design and build scalable frontend applications and components.
- Design and build APIs to drive existing and new features for a web-based application.
- We are targeting Senior to Staff level engineers, but open to speaking to individuals with at least 3 years' experience if past work is highly relevant
- BS or higher, in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g. physics or math)
- Experience with industry standard build, test, deploy tools. At Zip, our stack includes Kubernetes, Spinnaker, Jenkins, Kibana, Prometheus, and Grafana.
- Ability and interest to quickly learn new frameworks, architecture patterns, and programming languages as needed
- Experience working at a small company with diverse responsibilities is a bonus, but not required.
- Experience working with API connections with external systems like Jira, ServiceNow, Slack, etc is a bonus, but not required.
The salary range for this role is $150,000 - $210,000. The salary for this position is determined based on a variety of job-related factors that may include location, relevant experience, education, or particular skills and expertise.
Perks & Benefits
At Zip, we’re committed to providing our employees with everything they need to do their best work.
- 📈 Start-up equity
- 🦷 Full health, vision & dental coverage
- 🍽️ Catered lunches & dinners for SF employees
- 🚍 Commuter benefit
- 🚠 Team building events & happy hours
- 🌴 Flexible PTO
- 💻 Apple equipment plus home office budget
- 💸 401k plan
We're looking to hire Zippers and that means hiring people who take ownership, communicate openly, have an underdog mindset, and are excited to increase the pace of innovation for every business in the world. We encourage all candidates to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match up to our job description. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workspace where everyone (regardless of age, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, and more) feels like they belong. We look forward to hearing from you!
Something looks off?