Zip is tackling the $50B+TAM space to transform the way businesses manage spend. Our co-founders started Zip (YC S2020) because they saw the challenges companies had using outdated 20 year old software to manage hundreds of millions of dollars in spend every year. We invented the world’s leading Intake-to-Procure solution to bring a consumer grade user experience to B2B purchasing. And, we’re just getting started.
We're a fast growing team that helped scale category-defining companies like Airbnb, Facebook, Salesforce, Apple, Quora, Pinterest, and Square. With $180 million in funding from YC Continuity (Y Combinator), CRV and Tiger Global, we're valued at $1.5 billion in just 3 years. In today's economic climate, the value we offer our customers is more critical than ever and our business is accelerating. We're growing quickly and need your help!
As a Zip Solution Engineer, you are the primary pre-sales technical point of contact for the Zip solution suite. Your role is to be a champion for Zip, helping our prospects understand how our application will deliver value to their organization, and where Zip fits with their procurement and technical landscape. You are a partner in selling, fostering collaborative relationships with account executives and sales managers to drive deals to closure.
You are a trusted advisor to our prospective customers, giving them confidence that Zip can address their pain points, and helping translate their needs to our post-sales solutions consultants to ensure a successful deployment. You are a subject matter expert on our solution’s capabilities and our roadmap. You funnel customer feedback to influence our product development efforts and help our sales partners understand how our newly developed solutions or enhancements are most effectively communicated.
You are an innovative problem solver - applying that skill to both developing solutions for our customers as well as driving the growth of our Pre-Sales organization. You provide input and feedback to adapt and improve our sales motion as it evolves with our growth.
- Actively contribute to Zip’s sales efforts by supporting prospective customer-facing conversations, effectively conducting discovery, demonstrating our solutions, handling questions, and overcoming objections to help our prospects see the value in choosing Zip.
- Own responsibility for responding to customer asks, including follow-up questions, demos, RFx and questionnaires.
- Partner with the Sales team to deliver on our sales objectives.
- Partner with the Post-Sales Solutions Consultants to ensure our customers experience a seamless transition from sale to onboarding - communicating their needs and objectives with proper expectations set for successful delivery.
- Deliver feedback to help us grow and evolve - on processes and product.
- Strong solution selling skills - able to articulate the value of software solutions to customers, with messaging focused on how a solution addresses customers’ core pain points in a way that differentiates the solution
- Excellent discovery skills - able to lead customers through focused conversations to uncover pain, value, and our path to sales success
- Knowledge of key principles of software integration
- Has a strong solutioning mindset - focused on how to help customers envision how our solution meets their needs
- Skilled in troubleshooting technical issues
- Self-starter and quickly able to grasp new technology
- At least 3 years of experience in a solution selling environment or in a similar role with transferable skills
Nice to Haves
- Experience with implementing or administering key applications in our space: NetSuite, Coupa, Workday, Jira, ServiceNow, Ironclad, OneTrust, ProcessUnity, various SSO tools
- Integration or development experience a plus - especially with using REST APIs and middleware tools.
- Familiarity with procurement and billing/AP space
The salary range for this role is $140,000 - $170,000 OTE. The salary for this position is determined based on a variety of job-related factors that may include location, relevant experience, education, or particular skills and expertise.
Perks & Benefits
At Zip, we’re committed to providing our employees with everything they need to do their best work.
- 📈 Start-up equity
- 🦷 Full health, vision & dental coverage
- 🍽️ Catered lunches & dinners for SF employees
- 🚍 Commuter benefit
- 🚠 Team building events & happy hours
- 🌴 Unlimited PTO
- 💻 Apple equipment plus home office budget
- 💸 401k plan
We're looking to hire Zippers and that means hiring people who take ownership, communicate openly, have an underdog mindset, and are excited to increase the pace of innovation for every business in the world. We encourage all candidates to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match up to our job description. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workspace where everyone (regardless of age, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, and more) feels like they belong. We look forward to hearing from you!