Regional Director, Commercial Sales
Zip is tackling the $50B+TAM space to transform the way businesses manage spend. Our co-founders started Zip (YC S2020) because they saw the challenges companies had using outdated 20 year old software to manage hundreds of millions of dollars in spend every year. We invented the world’s leading Intake-to-Procure solution to bring a consumer grade user experience to B2B purchasing. And, we’re just getting started.
We're a fast growing team that helped scale category-defining companies like Airbnb, Facebook, Salesforce, Apple, Quora, Pinterest, and Square. With $180 million in funding from YC Continuity (Y Combinator), CRV and Tiger Global, we're valued at $1.5 billion in just 3 years. In today's economic climate, the value we offer our customers is more critical than ever and our business is accelerating. We're growing quickly and need your help!
Zip is looking for a creative and motivated Regional Director, Commercial Sales with experience building and leading teams that are responsible for working with prospects to deliver ROI in an efficient value based cycle. This leader can lead a high volume and velocity sales team. Our AE’s are trusted advisors, product consultants and closers.
Since this role will make a large impact on our team, we’re looking for someone with proven success in past sales and sales leadership roles such as achieving quota consistently, hiring and developing salespeople, experience with tech sales, and seeing the value of strong customer relationships within a sales process.
If you have a proactive customer-first mentality with the passion to demonstrate Zip’s commitment to our merchants, are committed to our values, want to lead and mentor best-in-class sales teams while executing at a high level, we’d love to talk to you! Applicants should have a growth mindset and be excited to work collaboratively across revenue teams.
- Build, manage, lead and inspire a high-performing Sales team to achieve near and long term growth targets
- Manage the team to identify, target, pitch and close high-quality campaigns and partnerships that will advance the business
- Actively and accurately report and forecast pipeline and performance
- Identify opportunities and develop strategies to improve sales process, efficiency, and productivity across the sales organization
- Regular reporting and forecasting market trends, ecosystem climates, and competitor analysis specific to markets under management
- Take ownership of new customer and revenue generation across your team to ensure growth targets are achieved
- Support your Account Executives with guidance, coaching, and strategic deal planning to ensure rep success
- Be an advocate for your team and work with executive leadership to help build a strong foundational sales organization for Zip’s future growth
- 2-3+ years of relevant work experience with emphasis on recruiting, revenue, employee development
- Proven track record of scaling sales teams and attaining sales targets
- Proven track record and experience in increasing sales efficiency and productivity across a dynamic team with rigorous business process optimization, sales incentives structure/KPI design and performance tracking
- Motivated self-starter who can establish a course of action for self and others and drive initiatives to completion
- Experience operating in hyper-growth and fast scaling go to market environments
Nice to Haves
- Experience selling to procurement, finance, IT, legal
- Experience using Clari, Salesforce and Outreach
Perks and Benefits
At Zip, we’re committed to providing our employees with everything they need to do their best work.
- 📈 Start-up equity
- 🦷 Full health, vision & dental coverage
- 🍽️ Catered breakfast, lunches & dinners for Dallas employees
- 🚍 Commuter benefit
- 🚠 Team building events & happy hours
- 🌴 Flexible PTO
- 💻 Apple equipment plus home office budget
- 💸 401k plan
We're looking to hire Zippers and that means hiring people who take ownership, communicate openly, have an underdog mindset, and are excited to increase the pace of innovation for every business in the world. We encourage all candidates to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match up to our job description. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive
Something looks off?