Strategic Finance Associate/Manager
Zip is tackling the $50B+TAM space to transform the way businesses manage spend. Our co-founders started Zip (YC S2020) because they saw the challenges companies had using outdated 20 year old software to manage hundreds of millions of dollars in spend every year. We invented the world’s leading Intake-to-Procure solution to bring a consumer grade user experience to B2B purchasing. And, we’re just getting started.
We're a fast growing team that helped scale category-defining companies like Airbnb, Facebook, Salesforce, Apple, Quora, Pinterest, and Square. With $180 million in funding from YC Continuity (Y Combinator), CRV and Tiger Global, we're valued at $1.5 billion in just 3 years. In today's economic climate, the value we offer our customers is more critical than ever and our business is accelerating. We're growing quickly and need your help!
As the first Strategic Finance Associate/Manager at Zip, you will drive the strategy and analysis behind our annual and long range company planning processes, and will partner with leaders across the org as they set targets and make investment decisions. You will be in a unique position to understand our full business at the driver level, and from that foundation will build our growth plans and help define our investor messaging. This role is highly cross-functional and will help set targets and assess the ROI of projects across the Product, Engineering, Sales, and Marketing teams.
- Drive our annual and long-range planning processes, and use them to help guide resource allocation across the business
- Architect and own our core financial models, including those supporting our annual and long range plans, our treasury strategy, and our third party payments product strategy
- Partner with leadership, from product and engineering to go-to-market, to help support strategic decision making and initiative prioritization across the business
- Provide analytical support and financial rigor as we evaluate new investments
- Collaborate with the Head of Finance and CEO on communications to investors, the Board, and other external stakeholders
- 2+ years of private equity, investment banking, or similar experience
- A strong sense of ownership and outcome oriented drive
- Excellent financial modeling and quantitative skills
- Extreme attention to detail and a high regard for precision
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to collaborate productively with a range of teams / personalities
The salary range for this role is $100,000-160,000. The salary for this position is determined based on a variety of job-related factors that may include location, relevant experience, education, or particular skills and expertise.
Perks & Benefits
At Zip, we’re committed to providing our employees with everything they need to do their best work.
- 📈 Start-up equity
- 🦷 Full health, vision & dental coverage
- 🍽️ Catered lunches & dinners for SF employees
- 🚍 Commuter benefit
- 🚠 Team building events & happy hours
- 🌴 Flexible PTO
- 💻 Apple equipment plus home office budget
- 💸 401k plan
We're looking to hire Zippers and that means hiring people who take ownership, communicate openly, have an underdog mindset, and are excited to increase the pace of innovation for every business in the world. We encourage all candidates to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match up to our job description. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workspace where everyone (regardless of age, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, and more) feels like they belong. We look forward to hearing from you!
Something looks off?