Sr. Payment Operations Specialist - KYB / AML
Zip is tackling the $50B+TAM space to transform the way businesses manage spend. Our co-founders started Zip (YC S2020) because they saw the challenges companies had using outdated 20 year old software to manage hundreds of millions of dollars in spend every year. We invented the world’s leading Intake-to-Procure solution to bring a consumer grade user experience to B2B purchasing. And, we’re just getting started.
We're a fast growing team that helped scale category-defining companies like Airbnb, Facebook, Salesforce, Apple, Quora, Pinterest, and Square. With $180 million in funding from YC Continuity (Y Combinator), CRV and Tiger Global, we're valued at $1.5 billion in just 3 years. In today's economic climate, the value we offer our customers is more critical than ever and our business is accelerating. We're growing quickly and need your help!
Since Zip launched 2 years ago, we’ve garnered tremendous product market fit with our core spend approvals, helping hundreds of enterprise customers manage their business spend. Our average customer today processes thousands of payments per month across millions of dollars. To help facilitate the transaction end to end, we just launched our second product, Procure to Pay, where we’ll facilitate B2B payments to vendors directly. We are on track to process billions of vendor payouts globally in 2023.
As a senior operations analyst, you will have the unique opportunity to join a fast-growing team. You will play a key role in establishing operational processes to support our customers, focusing on compliance with the Know Your Business (KYB) onboarding process, payment risk, and all payment-related issues, such as resolution for payout failures and ad-hoc tasks from our Payment Operations team.
We are looking for a self-starter with a customer-first mindset who is willing to roll up their sleeves as issues/challenges arise and can collaborate cross-functionally. In this role, you will be responsible for collecting and ensuring that all of the documentation for business payments onboarding complies with local regulations, responding to our payment provider requests for any compliance reasons, investigating suspicious or failed payouts, documenting and designing payment operations processes and communicating with our customers regarding any payment operations related inquiries.
- Request and review KYB documents for onboarding and due diligence requests of customers across the globe
- Monitor, analyze and investigate potential suspicious activity from a payment risk or compliance perspective
- Proactively identify trends in recurring compliance violations and inquiries and collaborate with other team members to improve compliance procedures and processes, education materials and forms
- Perform KYC, CDD, EDD and OFAC screening
- Communicates directly with our clients
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to improve compliance procedures and processes, education materials and forms with a customer first mindset
- Supports preparation of documentation on compliance problems
- Provide support to our customers by communicating with our customers, troubleshooting and resolving any payment issues, and handling the KYC customer onboarding process, and RFIs.
- Analyze & investigate payment issues, identify the root cause, and identify a path to resolution. You will continuously apply any learnings from the analysis to improve our customer experience and implement new procedures as needed.
- Design and document effective risk related payment operational processes with a keen eye for standardization and automation to enable the team to scale.
- Partner with our payment providers and cross-functional partners, including our Engineering & Product teams to resolve any issues impacting our payments products.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 3 years of BSA/AML compliance experience; experience working for financial institutions and investigations preferred
- Background knowledge of BSA and AML laws and regulations
- Strong Analytical and Organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Works well individually and in teams by sharing information and supporting colleagues
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks, and have attention to detail
- Experience writing procedures and guidelines for AML/payment risk
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities balancing the needs of our customers today and the future growth in our total processing payment volume,.
- You possess excellent communication skills with experience working in a customer-facing role. You communicate early and often and know when to escalate to the payments leadership team.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member while using discretion in decision making and sound judgment in problem solving
- Experience in training/coaching junior team members
- Bonus: knowledge of enhanced due diligence matters, financial fraud and applicable state and federal laws, payments, MSBs, correspondent banking and complex customer types and product offerings
The salary range for this role is $75,000 - $115,000. The salary for this position is determined based on a variety of job-related factors that may include location, relevant experience, education, or particular skills and expertise.
Perks & Benefits
At Zip, we’re committed to providing our employees with everything they need to do their best work.
- 📈 Start-up equity
- 🦷 Full health, vision & dental coverage
- 🚠 Team building events
- 🌴 Flexible PTO
- 💻 Apple equipment plus home office budget
- 💸 401k plan
We're looking to hire Zippers and that means hiring people who take ownership, communicate openly, have an underdog mindset, and are excited to increase the pace of innovation for every business in the world. We encourage all candidates to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match up to our job description. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workspace where everyone (regardless of age, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, and more) feels like they belong. We look forward to hearing from you!
Something looks off?