Sr. Payment Operations Specialist
Zip is tackling the $50B+TAM space to transform the way businesses manage spend. Our co-founders started Zip (YC S2020) because they saw the challenges companies had using outdated 20 year old software to manage hundreds of millions of dollars in spend every year. We invented the world’s leading Intake-to-Procure solution to bring a consumer grade user experience to B2B purchasing. And, we’re just getting started.
We're a fast growing team that helped scale category-defining companies like Airbnb, Facebook, Salesforce, Apple, Quora, Pinterest, and Square. With $180 million in funding from YC Continuity (Y Combinator), CRV and Tiger Global, we're valued at $1.5 billion in just 3 years. In today's economic climate, the value we offer our customers is more critical than ever and our business is accelerating. We're growing quickly and need your help!
As a senior payment operations analyst, you will have the unique opportunity to join a fast-growing team. You will play a key role in providing customer support to ensure our clients can pay and resolve any issues our customers face during their payments journey at Zip, from onboarding to ongoing support to delight them.
We are looking for a self starter and team player with a customer-first mindset willing to roll up their sleeves as issues/challenges arise and can collaborate cross-functionally. We are looking for someone who has empathy for the challenges faced by our clients and takes ownership in resolving team / client problems. In this role, you will be responsible for communicating directly with our clients, investigating and bringing to resolution any payment-related issues with a high customer satisfaction rate. You will be responsible for collecting and ensuring all of the documentation for onboarding and using our payments product complies with local regulations requirements.
- Support our customers using Intercom by communicating, troubleshooting and resolving any payment issues, and handling the KYC customer onboarding process and RFIs.
- Partner with our customer and payment providers support teams to find a timely resolution to customer's problems.
- Request and review all the KYC documents required from our global customers in order to onboard our payments product. Communicate sensitive data with our payment provider support team to ensure a seamless and timely onboarding experience.
- Answer and prioritize customer contact queues to provide the best customer experience within SLAs.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to design/ improve our payment customer experience and create educational materials for our customers with a customer-first mindset
- Analyze & investigate payment issues/tickets, identify the root cause, and identify a path to resolution. You will continuously apply any learnings from the analysis to improve our customer experience and implement new procedures as needed.
- Design and document effective payment operational processes with a keen eye for standardization and automation to enable the team to scale.
- Partner with our payment providers and cross-functional partners, including our Engineering & Product teams to resolve any issues impacting our payments products. While working toward a resolution, you will keep our clients and internal stakeholders up-to-date on the progress made.
- Support ad-hoc projects for the payment operations team
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in a fast-paced payments operations function in a customer service role
- You possess excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with experience working in a customer-facing role. You communicate early and often and know when to escalate to the payments leadership team.
- You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a can do attitude
- Works well individually and in teams by sharing information and supporting colleagues
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks and have attention to detail
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities balancing the needs of our customers today and the future growth in our total processing payment volume.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member while using discretion in decision making and using sound judgment in problem solving
- Must be able to work during during business hours on work days in EST or PST timezone
- Ability to travel on quarterly basis
- You will be required to participate in out-of-business hours customer support from time to time
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Bonus: background knowledge of AML laws and regulations
The salary range for this role is $75,000 - $85,000. The salary for this position is determined based on a variety of job-related factors that may include location, relevant experience, education, or particular skills and expertise.
Perks & Benefits
At Zip, we’re committed to providing our employees with everything they need to do their best work.
- 📈 Start-up equity
- 🦷 Full health, vision & dental coverage
- 🚠 Team building events & happy hours
- 🌴 Flexible PTO
- 💻 Apple equipment plus home office budget
- 💸 401k plan
We're looking to hire Zippers and that means hiring people who take ownership, communicate openly, have an underdog mindset, and are excited to increase the pace of innovation for every business in the world. We encourage all candidates to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match up to our job description. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workspace where everyone (regardless of age, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, and more) feels like they belong. We look forward to hearing from you!