Technical Integrations Consultant
Zip is tackling the $50B+TAM space to transform the way businesses manage spend. Our co-founders started Zip (YC S2020) because they saw the challenges companies had using outdated 20 year old software to manage hundreds of millions of dollars in spend every year. We invented the world’s leading Intake-to-Procure solution to bring a consumer grade user experience to B2B purchasing. And, we’re just getting started.
We're a fast growing team that helped scale category-defining companies like Airbnb, Facebook, Salesforce, Apple, Quora, Pinterest, and Square. With $180 million in funding from YC Continuity (Y Combinator), CRV and Tiger Global, we're valued at $1.5 billion in just 3 years. In today's economic climate, the value we offer our customers is more critical than ever and our business is accelerating. We're growing quickly and need your help!
We’re looking for a Technical Consultant to join our rapidly growing startup. You’ll work closely with our Sales and Solutions teams to implement the Zip Integration Platform for our customers.
As every business needs our type of product, you’ll work with a variety of new clients and industries. Current clients include Coinbase, Snowflake, Notion, Canva, Samsara, and Databricks.
The Technical Consultant is a key part of our professional services team helping customers get up and running on the Zip platform. They will use our Zip methodology and work closely with the Solution Lead to advise the customer, technically integrate the Zip solution for that customer, and transfer knowledge to the customer. Zip projects are typically fast-paced and you will work with multiple customers and be a trusted technical expert in your field.
- Integrate Zip into customer’s IT landscape - typically ERP, Ticketing, TPRM, CLM, and other procurement tools.
- Design and document the integration architecture considering the customer’s requirements.
- Validate customer requirements against third party API documentation.
- Work with customer stakeholders to build integrations leveraging Zip’s internal iPaaS solution.
- Unit test the configuration with the customer.
- Provide periodic status reports to your manager and/or client.
- Provide accurate estimations and timelines of work performed.
- Collaborate with the product team to steer and provide ongoing feedback to continually improve the Zip product.
- Improve our technical processes to help our customers accelerate the time to value.
- 4+ years experience integrating systems with ERP, P2P, Ticketing, CLM, and TPRM systems.
- Experience using iPaaS tools to configure integrations required.
- Experience working with XML / REST based endpoints and standard authentication protocols.
- Past ERP implementation, integration, configuration or administration experience is beneficial but not required.
- Ability to translate highly technical information for audiences with varying degrees of technical knowledge.
- Ability to lead data architectural discussions and design customer integration solutions for commercial and mid-market customers.
- Comfortable working with API documentation.
- Comfortable testing and troubleshooting integration errors.
- Able to understand customer requirements and document that information quickly, with little oversight
- A continual learner and open to learning new technologies that Zip may integrate with in the future.
- Strong communication skills.
- Extreme attention to detail and pride yourself in being incredibly proactive.
- Experience working with product and engineering teams.
- A relentless focus on customer success.
Perks & Benefits
At Zip, we’re committed to providing our employees with everything they need to do their best work.
- 📈 Start-up equity
- 🦷 Full health, vision & dental coverage
- 🚠 Team building events & happy hours
- 🌴 Unlimited PTO
- 💻 Apple equipment plus home office budget
We're looking to hire Zippers and that means hiring people who take ownership, communicate openly, have an underdog mindset, and are excited to increase the pace of innovation for every business in the world. We encourage all candidates to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match up to our job description. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workspace where everyone (regardless of age, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, and more) feels like they belong. We look forward to hearing from you!