Lead Software Engineer, Growth
Zip is tackling the $50B+TAM space to transform the way businesses manage spend. Our co-founders started Zip (YC S2020) because they saw the challenges companies had using outdated 20 year old software to manage hundreds of millions of dollars in spend every year. We invented the world’s leading Intake-to-Procure solution to bring a consumer grade user experience to B2B purchasing. And, we’re just getting started.
We're a fast growing team that helped scale category-defining companies like Airbnb, Facebook, Salesforce, Apple, Quora, Pinterest, and Square. With $180 million in funding from YC Continuity (Y Combinator), CRV and Tiger Global, we're valued at $1.5 billion in just 3 years. In today's economic climate, the value we offer our customers is more critical than ever and our business is accelerating. We're growing quickly and need your help!
Zip is hiring our first Growth Engineer to help lead Product and Go to Market initiatives to accelerate Zip’s Growth. This person will be responsible for defining and implementing data-driven strategies to improve user acquisition, adoption, and retention across Zip’s product, and in Zip’s website and ad campaigns. As the first Growth Engineer, you will help foster a culture of experimentation and data-driven decision making, and define best practices that enable the team to iterate and learn in increasingly tight feedback loops. You will excel in this role if you’re a growth-focused full stack engineer who can collaborate effectively across multiple teams and functions to deliver results.
- Partner closely with growth leadership, engineering, product, and design to define our growth and experimentation strategy.
- Lead by example by designing and implementing experiments to drive growth across Zip’s product and website.
- Help define and scale our go to market data structure to support rapid experimentation and automation across our go to market teams.
- Establish best practices, frameworks, and repeatable processes that enable us to measure the impact of every feature and test that we ship.
- Foster a culture of experimentation and data-driven decision making on the team and the broader organization.
- Build a deep understanding of our data, and identify opportunities to track additional metrics or build new data pipelines to further operationalize growth.
- Work in a variety of languages and technologies, including Python, Typescript, React, GraphQL and SQL.
- We are targeting Senior level engineers, but are open to speaking to individuals with at least 3 years' experience if past work is highly relevant
- 4+ years of experience in software development roles.
- 1+ years of experience working in a growth-focused role or team.
- A deep understanding of A/B testing techniques and experimentation methodologies.
- You can work effectively across the stack from top to bottom, comfortably navigating codebases with different languages and tools.
- You’re equally as comfortable shipping user-facing experiences as you are writing custom queries to analyze experiment results.
- You’re self-directed and can operate autonomously across multiple teams to deliver scaled impact.
The salary range for this role is $150,000 - $200,000. The salary for this position is determined based on a variety of job-related factors that may include location, relevant experience, education, or particular skills and expertise.
Perks & Benefits
At Zip, we’re committed to providing our employees with everything they need to do their best work.
- 📈 Start-up equity
- 🦷 Full health, vision & dental coverage
- 🍽️ Catered lunches & dinners for SF employees
- 🚍 Commuter benefit
- 🚠 Team building events & happy hours
- 🌴 Flexible PTO
- 💻 Apple equipment plus home office budget
- 💸 401k plan
We're looking to hire Zipsters and that means hiring people who take ownership, communicate openly, have an underdog mindset, and are excited to increase the pace of innovation for every business in the world. We encourage all candidates to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match up to our job description. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workspace where everyone (regardless of age, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, and more) feels like they belong. We look forward to hearing from you!