Senior Customer Marketing Manager
Zip is tackling the $50B+TAM space to transform the way businesses manage spend. Our co-founders started Zip (YC S2020) because they saw the challenges companies had using outdated 20 year old software to manage hundreds of millions of dollars in spend every year. We invented the world’s leading Intake-to-Procure solution to bring a consumer grade user experience to B2B purchasing. And, we’re just getting started.
We're a fast growing team that helped scale category-defining companies like Airbnb, Facebook, Salesforce, Apple, Quora, Pinterest, and Square. With $180 million in funding from YC Continuity (Y Combinator), CRV and Tiger Global, we're valued at $1.5 billion in just 3 years. In today's economic climate, the value we offer our customers is more critical than ever and our business is accelerating. We're growing quickly and need your help!
Zip is looking for our first Customer and Community Marketer to be part of our growing Corporate Marketing team in San Francisco. You'll be responsible for building relationships and engagements with key customers and promoting their success stories to drive brand awareness and revenue growth. Your core focus will be driving growth and building a brand that customers love. We're looking for a seasoned marketer who has built a high-impact customer marketing and community function. You'll be the go-to expert on our customers' stories, community programs, our user conference, and you'll partner closely with teams across the company to amplify them in marketing, sales, and communication efforts.
- Establish and manage a robust customer reference program and customer stories program showcasing success stories and ROI customer studies.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive database of reference customers and success stories to support sales, marketing, PR, thought leadership, analyst relations, and strategic partnerships.
- Lead the quarterly CAB program to gather valuable feedback and insights from key customers.
- Craft and execute impactful customer campaigns, reviews, and ratings programs to enhance customer engagement and loyalty.
- Establish our customer community by establishing online and in-person programs, fostering meaningful connections, and sharing best practices.
- Build highly-engaged community groups, connecting and empowering users, subject matter experts, and masterminds.
- Collaborate seamlessly with Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success teams to ensure accurate customer records in our advocacy database and alignment of efforts.
- Offer innovative and creative ideas to amplify the customer voice in content and marketing activities.
- 5+ years of hands-on customer marketing experience
- Experience in the software or B2B technology industry
- Proven success in developing and executing customer advocacy programs
- Strong relationship-building skills and ability to gather feedback effectively
- Demonstrated ability to lead customer-centric campaigns
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of demand generation and growth marketing strategies
The salary range for this role is $125,000 - $155,000. The salary for this position is determined based on a variety of job-related factors that may include location, relevant experience, education, or particular skills and expertise.
Perks & Benefits
At Zip, we’re committed to providing our employees with everything they need to do their best work.
- 📈 Start-up equity
- 🦷 Full health, vision & dental coverage
- 🍽️ Catered lunches & dinners for SF employees
- 🚍 Commuter benefit
- 🚠 Team building events & happy hours
- 🌴 Flexible PTO
- 💻 Apple equipment plus home office budget
- 💸 401k plan
We're looking to hire Zipsters and that means hiring people who take ownership, communicate openly, have an underdog mindset, and are excited to increase the pace of innovation for every business in the world. We encourage all candidates to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match up to our job description. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workspace where everyone (regardless of age, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, and more) feels like they belong. We look forward to hearing from you!