Corporate Communications Manager
Zip is tackling the $50B+TAM space to transform the way businesses manage spend. Our co-founders started Zip (YC S2020) because they saw the challenges companies had using outdated 20 year old software to manage hundreds of millions of dollars in spend every year. We invented the world’s leading Intake-to-Procure solution to bring a consumer grade user experience to B2B purchasing. And, we’re just getting started.
We're a fast growing team that helped scale category-defining companies like Airbnb, Facebook, Salesforce, Apple, Quora, Pinterest, and Square. With $180 million in funding from YC Continuity (Y Combinator), CRV and Tiger Global, we're valued at $1.5 billion in just 3 years. In today's economic climate, the value we offer our customers is more critical than ever and our business is accelerating. We're growing quickly and need your help!
As the first member of our Communications team within Corporate Marketing, we are looking for a seasoned expert to drive our earned media strategy. In this dynamic role, you'll handle corporate messaging, press management, speaking events, product announcements, industry awards, and social media initiatives. We are looking for a candidate who will thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced environment, seamlessly transitioning from managing press inquiries to providing strategic counsel to our executive team. The primary objective of this role is to tackle complex challenges, including profile elevation, executive profile development, company communications, crisis management, and impactful announcements.
- Lead Zip’s communication strategy with marketers and cross-functional teams to advance Zip’s mission and business objectives through creative and compelling storytelling opportunities.
- Increase Zip’s awareness and preference among finance, procurement, and IT leaders through earned media, content, and social strategies.
- Develop and execute communication strategies for key company initiatives, including company announcements, product launches, and thought leadership. Create materials such as blog posts, press releases, talking points, FAQs, and media lists.
- Identify, research, and design unique story angles that proactively insert Zip into the conversation or enable meaningful participation.
- Manage Zip’s speaking program, track opportunities, update calendars, pitch speakers, and work closely with senior leadership to prepare them for speaking engagements, tracking follow-up.
- Manage Zip’s industry awards submissions, pitches, and wins to gain industry recognition.
- Manage the day-to-day relationship with external communications partners.
- Own the Zip organic social media handle and daily calendar of posts.
- Manage complex issues and crisis management to ensure consistent and compelling communications to clients, partners, and the media.
- Define and measure the impact of communication initiatives in partnership with the broader Corporate Marketing team.
- 4-5+ years of professional Communications and/or Public Relations experience in FinTech, Financial Services, or HighTech Industry
- Outstanding written skills
- Highly organized and process-driven mentality
- Proven track record of handling reporters, including profile raising
- Strong desire to grow quickly and take on hard problems to solve
- High levels of creativity in a communications setting
- Experience working in-house fast growing company
The salary range for this role is $125,000-$170,000. The salary for this position is determined based on a variety of job-related factors that may include location, relevant experience, education, or particular skills and expertise.
Perks & Benefits
At Zip, we’re committed to providing our employees with everything they need to do their best work.
- 📈 Start-up equity
- 🦷 Full health, vision & dental coverage
- 🍽️ Catered lunches & dinners for SF employees
- 🚍 Commuter benefit
- 🚠 Team building events & happy hours
- 🌴 Flexible PTO
- 💻 Apple equipment plus home office budget
- 💸 401k plan
We're looking to hire Zipsters and that means hiring people who take ownership, communicate openly, have an underdog mindset, and are excited to increase the pace of innovation for every business in the world. We encourage all candidates to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match up to our job description. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workspace where everyone (regardless of age, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, and more) feels like they belong. We look forward to hearing from you!