Lifecycle Marketing Manager
Zip is tackling the $50B+TAM space to transform the way businesses manage spend. Our co-founders started Zip (YC S2020) because they saw the challenges companies had using outdated 20 year old software to manage hundreds of millions of dollars in spend every year. We invented the world’s leading Intake-to-Procure solution to bring a consumer grade user experience to B2B purchasing. And, we’re just getting started.
We're a fast growing team that helped scale category-defining companies like Airbnb, Facebook, Salesforce, Apple, Quora, Pinterest, and Square. With $180 million in funding from YC Continuity (Y Combinator), CRV and Tiger Global, we're valued at $1.5 billion in just 3 years. In today's economic climate, the value we offer our customers is more critical than ever and our business is accelerating. We're growing quickly and need your help!
As a Lifecycle Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for coordinating and managing email marketing communications, nurturing journeys, driving conversion rates, and engaging customers throughout their entire lifecycle. This involves orchestrating communications to all prospects and customers, covering lead nurture campaigns, customer onboarding, upsell efforts, product launches, and more.
This role demands a strategic mindset, capable of devising and executing data-informed marketing strategies across conversion, activation, retention and expansion. Proficiency in managing email systems, a deep grasp of targeted segmentation, lifecycle journey mapping, and crafting impactful email content are essential.
Key Responsibilities at Zip:
- Overseeing the entire lifecycle campaign process, becoming an authority in Marketo, email marketing, and segmentation.
- Developing a comprehensive lifecycle journey, mapping every step of the prospect and customer experience. Segmenting Zip’s Salesforce contact base for more personalized, effective messaging and sequences.
- Crafting nurture campaigns that boost conversion and bolster overall engagement, including customized flows for various lead stages and customer scenarios.
- Designing and executing a webinar email campaign strategy, encompassing promotion, lead generation, and follow-up approaches.
- Gaining a thorough understanding of Zip’s product, market presence, and competition to create compelling marketing emails that highlight Zip’s strengths and value.
- Collaborating with teams like product marketing, growth, sales, customer success, and product management to fine-tune messaging for different stages of the customer and prospect journey.
- Constructing sophisticated Salesforce and Marketo workflows, timed and tailored based on factors like prospect actions, company size, and persona.
- Enhancing the performance of email marketing campaigns, conducting experiments to improve open and click-through rates, and other business metrics.
- Closely monitoring core KPIs and ensuring accurate representation in Marketo dashboards.
- 4+ years of experience in growth or lifecycle marketing, particularly skilled in email program management.
- Marketing experience in the software or B2B technology industry.
- Deep expertise in Marketo and Salesforce, with a comprehensive understanding of CRM and email systems, attribution models, and lead scoring.
- Strong analytical skills, with an exceptional capability to derive key insights from both quantitative and qualitative data.
- Experience in segmentation and conversion techniques, adept at quickly turning broad insights into effective actions.
- Able to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Skilled in project management, capable of managing multiple projects and excelling in prioritization.
- Comfortable with A/B testing and experimenting with new strategies, adaptable to feedback and results.
The salary range for this role is $115,000 - $150,000. The salary for this position is determined based on a variety of job-related factors that may include location, relevant experience, education, or particular skills and expertise.
Perks & Benefits
At Zip, we’re committed to providing our employees with everything they need to do their best work.
- 📈 Start-up equity
- 🦷 Full health, vision & dental coverage
- 🍽️ Catered lunches & dinners for SF employees
- 🚍 Commuter benefit
- 🚠 Team building events & happy hours
- 🌴 Flexible PTO
- 💻 Apple equipment plus home office budget
- 💸 401k plan
We're looking to hire Zipsters and that means hiring people who take ownership, communicate openly, have an underdog mindset, and are excited to increase the pace of innovation for every business in the world. We encourage all candidates to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match up to our job description. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workspace where everyone (regardless of age, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, and more) feels like they belong. We look forward to hearing from you!