Performance Marketing Manager
Zip is tackling the $50B+TAM space to transform the way businesses manage spend. Our co-founders started Zip (YC S2020) because they saw the challenges companies had using outdated 20 year old software to manage hundreds of millions of dollars in spend every year. We invented the world’s leading Intake-to-Procure solution to bring a consumer grade user experience to B2B purchasing. And, we’re just getting started.
We're a fast growing team that helped scale category-defining companies like Airbnb, Facebook, Salesforce, Apple, Quora, Pinterest, and Square. With $180 million in funding from YC Continuity (Y Combinator), CRV and Tiger Global, we're valued at $1.5 billion in just 3 years. In today's economic climate, the value we offer our customers is more critical than ever and our business is accelerating. We're growing quickly and need your help!
As Zip’s first Performance Marketing Manager, you will join a lean but high performing Growth team to take our paid marketing efforts from 1, and in many cases 0, to 10. You will work closely with the Growth, Marketing, and Sales teams, and will have the chance to shape our strategy across paid channels including Paid Social, Display, and SEM. This is a great opportunity for someone who’s excited to work in a high visibility role with significant budget and the ability to drive meaningful impact for the business.
Zip will hire in the SF Bay Area for this role.
What you’ll do:
- Drive performance marketing - work with the growth team to plan and execute online performance campaigns including paid social, display, and SEM
- Engage cross-functionally with Sales, Marketing, Design, etc. to meet ambitious growth targets and to increase campaign performance through better tooling, automation and personalization
- Create and own an experimentation roadmap to execute a rigorous testing agenda, validate hypotheses and scale effective messaging interventions
- Define experiment setup (targeting, timing, channel strategy, duration, primary metrics)
- Write creative briefs and work with creative teams to design campaign assets
- Partner with Rev Ops to define the key metrics and reporting for paid channels, and own performance and ROI for paid ads
What you’ll need:
- 6-8+ years experience in Growth / Performance Marketing (ideally B2B in software)
- A strong sense of ownership and a hunger to win
- Excellent problem analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills, with fluency in both internal and external messaging
- An entrepreneurial mindset and a desire to get into the details to drive performance
- Ability to collaborate productively with a range of teams / personalities
The salary range for this role is $120,000-180,000. The salary for this position is determined based on a variety of job-related factors that may include location, relevant experience, education, or particular skills and expertise.
Perks & Benefits
At Zip, we’re committed to providing our employees with everything they need to do their best work.
- 📈 Start-up equity
- 🦷 Full health, vision & dental coverage
- 🍽️ Catered lunches & dinners for SF employees
- 🚍 Commuter benefit
- 🚠 Team building events & happy hours
- 🌴 Flexible PTO
- 💻 Apple equipment plus home office budget
- 💸 401k plan
We're looking to hire Zipsters and that means hiring people who take ownership, communicate openly, have an underdog mindset, and are excited to increase the pace of innovation for every business in the world. We encourage all candidates to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match up to our job description. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workspace where everyone (regardless of age, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, and more) feels like they belong. We look forward to hearing from you!