Brand Copywriter (Contract)
Zip is tackling the $50B+TAM space to transform the way businesses manage spend. Our co-founders started Zip (YC S2020) because they saw the challenges companies had using outdated 20 year old software to manage hundreds of millions of dollars in spend every year. We invented the world’s leading Intake-to-Procure solution to bring a consumer grade user experience to B2B purchasing. And, we’re just getting started.
We're a fast growing team that helped scale category-defining companies like Airbnb, Facebook, Salesforce, Apple, Quora, Pinterest, and Square. With $180 million in funding from YC Continuity (Y Combinator), CRV and Tiger Global, we're valued at $1.5 billion in just 3 years. In today's economic climate, the value we offer our customers is more critical than ever and our business is accelerating. We're growing quickly and need your help!
Zip is looking for our first Brand Copywriter to join as a contractor on our growing Marketing team. This individual will be in charge of crafting copy that covers all of our marketing assets, ranging from advertising to our website. This role will engage cross-functionally to translate our messaging framework into copy that is both clear and concise, yet distinct and differentiated. The ideal candidate is an experienced copywriter with a deep understanding of voice and tone. They are skilled in creating highly engaging and relevant copy and are adept at adjusting tone for various channels and contexts.
The ideal candidate also has experience working in-house with brand and marketing teams, with a specific focus on writing for the B2B tech industry.
- Write clear and intelligent copy that has a distinctive voice
- Work cross-functionally with Brand, Growth, Content, and Product Marketing team members to craft language that shapes people's first impressions of Zip and throughout their customer journey
- Develop impactful copy that targets finance and procurement personas, across various channels and formats, including webpages, email, digital ads, blog posts, billboards, guides, and social media
- Partner closely with product marketers to refine messaging, accurately communicate value propositions, and integrate product narratives across channels
- Collaborate with brand design to find the most effective way of communicating a message using both copy and design
- Centralize Zip's marketing copywriting to ensure a consistent message to our customer.
- 3-5 years of experience as a copywriter, preferably within a SaaS startup or a FinTech brand, with a deep understanding of the B2B tech industry
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Marketing, or related field
- A strong portfolio showcasing diverse and creative writing samples
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Strong ability to prioritize, work independently, and execute tasks quickly
- Ability to distill complex topics into engaging, useful copy and content
- Excellent English writing, editing, grammar, and proofreading skills
The hourly rate for this role is $50/hr. The hourly rate for this position is determined based on a variety of job-related factors that may include location, relevant experience, education, or particular skills and expertise.
Perks & Benefits
At Zip, we’re committed to providing our employees with everything they need to do their best work.
- 🍽️ Catered lunches & dinners for SF employees
- 🚠 Team building events & happy hours
We're looking to hire Zipsters and that means hiring people who take ownership, communicate openly, have an underdog mindset, and are excited to increase the pace of innovation for every business in the world. We encourage all candidates to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match up to our job description. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workspace where everyone (regardless of age, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, and more) feels like they belong. We look forward to hearing from you!