Lead Product Marketing Manager
Zip is tackling the $50B+TAM space to transform the way businesses manage spend. Our co-founders started Zip (YC S2020) because they saw the challenges companies had using outdated 20 year old software to manage hundreds of millions of dollars in spend every year. We invented the world’s leading Intake-to-Procure solution to bring a consumer grade user experience to B2B purchasing. And, we’re just getting started.
We're a fast growing team that helped scale category-defining companies like Airbnb, Facebook, Salesforce, Apple, Quora, Pinterest, and Square. With $180 million in funding from YC Continuity (Y Combinator), CRV and Tiger Global, we're valued at $1.5 billion in just 3 years. In today's economic climate, the value we offer our customers is more critical than ever and our business is accelerating. We're growing quickly and need your help!
We are looking for a Lead / Principal Product Marketing Manager who will be responsible for managing the go-to-market strategy, positioning, and sales enablement programs for Zip’s core offerings. The ideal candidate for this position is a product marketing champion with exceptional communication abilities, creative flair, and strong analytical skills. You’re someone who can both build and execute, operate without a set playbook, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
As a strategic cross-functional partner, you’ll drive alignment across our go-to-market, product, design, and engineering teams and engage in meaningful research with customers and the broader market. Example initiatives include spearheading product launches of innovative procurement and intake capabilities, creating tools to enhance sales effectiveness in new segments, interacting with analysts and trade press, and delivering presentations to customers, partners, and internal audiences.
- Collaborate with product management and key executives to define the vision, strategy, and roadmap for Zip’s portfolio of products
- Develop narratives and value propositions to effectively target buyers, analysts, press, internal teams, and partners
- Partner with internal teams to create compelling content (one-pagers, sales pitches, webinar presentations, blogs, webpages, whitepapers, customer stories, etc.) that generate pipeline and accelerate sales
- Deeply understand the competitive landscape and analyze competitors to identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats
- Collaborate with sales teams to build enablement programs, sales plays, and other critical materials that differentiate our solution
- Monitor and analyze key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the effectiveness of product marketing initiatives and identify areas for improvement
- Identify new market opportunities and inform go-to-market strategies by gathering customer feedback, researching market trends, and understanding the regulatory landscape
- 7+ years of product marketing experience in a fast-paced, B2B SaaS company
- Mastery of foundational product marketing skills (messaging & positioning, go-to-market strategy, audience segmentation, sales enablement, content creation, market research, etc.)
- Proven track record of building and maintaining strong relationships with product management and other cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication, storytelling, and presentation skills (written, verbal, and visual)
- Experience extracting insights from data, articulating findings, and influencing stakeholders on strategic proposals
- Strong project management skills in order to plan and execute multiple projects simultaneously
- An ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a related field of study
Nice to Haves
- Experience and/or domain knowledge in the B2B procurement, finance, or workflow management space
- Deep understanding of the enterprise technology sales motion and end-to-end customer lifecycle
- Master’s degree or MBA
The salary range for this role is $170,000 - $220,000. The salary for this position is determined based on a variety of job-related factors that may include location, relevant experience, education, or particular skills and expertise.
Perks & Benefits
At Zip, we’re committed to providing our employees with everything they need to do their best work.
- 📈 Start-up equity
- 🦷 Full health, vision & dental coverage
- 🍽️ Catered lunches & dinners for SF employees
- 🚍 Commuter benefit
- 🚠 Team building events & happy hours
- 🌴 Flexible PTO
- 💻 Apple equipment plus home office budget
- 💸 401k plan
We're looking to hire Zipsters and that means hiring people who take ownership, communicate openly, have an underdog mindset, and are excited to increase the pace of innovation for every business in the world. We encourage all candidates to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match up to our job description. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workspace where everyone (regardless of age, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, and more) feels like they belong. We look forward to hearing from you!