Software Engineer II
Healthcare should work for patients, but it doesn’t. In their time of need, they call down outdated insurance directories. Then wait on hold. Then wait weeks for the privilege of a visit. Then wait in a room solely designed for waiting. Then wait for a surprise bill. In any other consumer industry, the companies delivering such a poor customer experience would not survive. But in healthcare, patients lack market power. Which means they are expected to accept the unacceptable.
Zocdoc’s mission is to give power to the patient. To do that, we’ve built the leading healthcare marketplace that makes it easy to find and book in-person or virtual care in all 50 states, across +200 specialties and +12k insurance plans. By giving patients the ability to see and choose, we give them power. In doing so, we can make healthcare work like every other consumer sector, where businesses compete for customers, not the other way around. In time, this will drive quality up and prices down.
We’re 15 years old and the leader in our space, but we are still just getting started. If you like solving important, complex problems alongside deeply thoughtful, driven, and collaborative teammates, read on.
Your Impact on our Mission
As a Software Engineer II, you will be at the forefront of ensuring a better healthcare experience for our patients. You will be responsible for the success of our Engineering team here in Pune and unlock the Pune office’s potential to solve Zocdoc’s technology problems and accelerate growth in bookings through round-the-clock support for our sync features. Availability and bookings are at the fulcrum of giving power to the patients and you will be at the center of driving this, here in Pune.
You’ll enjoy this role if you are…
- A self-starter and have an entrepreneurial mindset and self-driven
- Motivated by working with the latest technologies
- Enjoy working on a team that functions as one and always strives to make both the team and product
- Excited to leverage technology to improve the consumer experience and healthcare
Your day-to-day is…
- Work on enhancing our backend systems and creating new front-end experiences and integrations.
- You'll be contributing across the stack With technologies like .NET, and ASP. NET MVC, Rest APIs, React
- You'll be collaborating With our agile team of dedicated engineers and product managers in NYC
- You'll be contributing to the development of ZD's doctor-facing experiences and internal tools, and work closely with the users of those tools.
- You'll be providing and seeking feedback on improving workflows, technology, process, and user experiences
You’ll be successful in this role if you have:-
- 3+ years of professional software development experience
- Bachelor's and/or master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline
- Passion for technology and the ability to think critically about the performance, scalability, and reliability of software
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases - SQL
- Strong interpersonal and team skills, but still be able to work independently to accomplish team goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to learn quickly and readily adapt to change
- An incredible team of smart and supportive people
- A competitive compensation package, including attractive medical insurance
- Amazing perks – think catered lunch every day, Ping Pong, etc.
- Daycare/creche facility for kids
- L&D offerings + a free LinkedIn Learning account
- Corporate wellness programs with Headspace.
- Cellphone and wifi reimbursement
- Competitive parental leave
- Sabbatical leave(over 5 years)
- Annual sponsored health checkups
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.
Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Something looks off?