Healthcare should work for patients, but it doesn’t. In their time of need, they call down outdated insurance directories. Then wait on hold. Then wait weeks for the privilege of a visit. Then wait in a room solely designed for waiting. Then wait for a surprise bill. In any other consumer industry, the companies delivering such a poor customer experience would not survive. But in healthcare, patients lack market power. Which means they are expected to accept the unacceptable.
Zocdoc’s mission is to give power to the patient. To do that, we’ve built the leading healthcare marketplace that makes it easy to find and book in-person or virtual care in all 50 states, across +200 specialties and +12k insurance plans. By giving patients the ability to see and choose, we give them power. In doing so, we can make healthcare work like every other consumer sector, where businesses compete for customers, not the other way around. In time, this will drive quality up and prices down.
We’re 15 years old and the leader in our space, but we are still just getting started. If you like solving important, complex problems alongside deeply thoughtful, driven, and collaborative teammates, read on.
Your Impact on Our Mission
Zocdoc’s most important asset is our people. As the manager of recruiting you’ll play a pivotal role in leading teams that help drive business growth, and a better patient experience. You’ll have the opportunity to lead, develop, and work collaboratively with a talented group of recruiters (7 person team, with 1 additional manager + freelancers). You’ll partner closely with our US recruiting team and Pune’s senior leadership to understand hiring criteria, build strong stakeholder relationships, and set realistic and measurable goals for your team.
You’ll enjoy this role if you are…
- A leader who understands that coaching, development, and mentorship is the key to driving sustainable growth and a strong team culture
- Personally motivated by developing teams that tout a culture of community and belonging
- Motivated by working in a fast-paced, data-driven recruitment environment; we blend art and science to hit our goals
- Passionate about recruiting, reporting and data. You consistently leverage reporting to inform your actions and believe high visibility reporting drives accountability, performance, and quality
- Highly organized and attentive to detail. We’ve got a lot going on - you can wisely prioritize and determine what needs to be done today versus what can wait
- Individually accountable, selfless and forward-thinking. You hold yourself to a high standard, believe in operating with humility, and are constantly thinking of ways to improve and grow our business, our team, and yourself
- A strong communicator and relationship builder
Your day to day is…
- Developing recruiting strategies focused on attracting top talent, candidate experience, process improvement, and leadership engagement
- Building strong relationships with our internal stakeholders, employing a service-based mindset to ensure that recruiting is never the bottleneck to growth
- Measuring and reporting out the conversion and pass-through rates, time to hire, quality of hire, offer acceptance rates, and other recruiting metrics to identify key areas of success and areas for improvement in our recruiting processes
- Consistently mentoring and coaching recruiters, focusing on their individual development and growth
- Building and maintaining a strong team culture that creates a sense of belonging
- Identifying opportunities to improve efficiency and productivity
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- Urgency. You’re extremely urgent and understand the impact of moving intentionally, but quickly
- 7 years of total recruiting experience, with at least 2 years of direct leadership experience managing recruiters
- Demonstrated history of building scalable recruitment processes based upon a strong infrastructure of reporting
- An organized, process-oriented approach to your work. Ideas are easy, implementation is where things get lost. You know how to prioritize, and have a strong bias for action
- Strong ability to leverage data to create insights that drive our recruiting team forward
- The mentality of an entrepreneur/owner and a strong bias to action. You’re excited to help author our destiny and aren’t afraid to fail, learn, and challenge conventions
- Superb verbal and written communication skills! You believe in keeping people in the loop and know that multiple mediums of communication are the key to success
- Humility. You believe in treating all people with dignity and respect, regardless of title or tenure
- An incredible team of smart and supportive people
- A competitive compensation package, including attractive medical insurance
- Amazing perks – think catered lunch every day, Ping Pong, etc.
- Daycare/creche facility for kids
- L&D offerings + a free LinkedIn learning account
- Corporate wellness programs with Headspace.
- Cellphone and wifi reimbursement
- Competitive parental leave
- Sabbatical leave (for employees with 5+ years of service)
- Annual sponsored health check ups
- Zocdoc is certified as great place to work 2022-2023
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.
Job Applicant Privacy Notice