Senior Product Manager, API and Developer Ecosystem
Healthcare should work for patients, but it doesn’t. In their time of need, they call down outdated insurance directories. Then wait on hold. Then wait weeks for the privilege of a visit. Then wait in a room solely designed for waiting. Then wait for a surprise bill. In any other consumer industry, the companies delivering such a poor customer experience would not survive. But in healthcare, patients lack market power. Which means they are expected to accept the unacceptable.
Zocdoc’s mission is to give power to the patient. To do that, we’ve built the leading healthcare marketplace that makes it easy to find and book in-person or virtual care in all 50 states, across +200 specialties and +12k insurance plans. By giving patients the ability to see and choose, we give them power. In doing so, we can make healthcare work like every other consumer sector, where businesses compete for customers, not the other way around. In time, this will drive quality up and prices down.
We’re 15 years old and the leader in our space, but we are still just getting started. If you like solving important, complex problems alongside deeply thoughtful, driven, and collaborative teammates, read on.
Your Impact on our Mission
Zocdoc’s most important asset is our people. As a Senior Product Manager working on our API and developer ecosystem, you’ll play a critical role in accelerating Zocdoc’s “patient first” mission and change healthcare.
You’ll enjoy this role if you are…
- Personally motivated by improving healthcare access and interoperability
- 10X and 1st principle thinker, and you know how to inspire others to do the same
- The kind of person who thrives in ambiguity, and can always come up with a pragmatic “crawl/walk/run” strategy
- Serious about your work, but not about yourself. Let’s face it - the way things are going, you kind of need a sense of humor
Your day to day is…
- Learning about our ever-changing healthcare ecosystem, and exploring how different partners (and their developers) could use Zocdoc’s technology to make improvements
- Shaping Zocdoc Public API roadmap and writing product requirements docs to make it actionable
- Working with passionate engineers who constantly challenge your understanding of the problem space and the world in general
- Partnering with various commercialization and operations teams to make sure the API developers and end users can successfully leverage Zocdoc’s platform to accomplish business goals
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- 3 to 5 years of product management experience with technical products/API platforms
- Experience driving elements of the product development lifecycle, such as product roadmaps, go-to-market strategy, driving requirements, and product launch
- Experience working with cross-functional teams (e.g., Engineering, UX/UI, Product Marketing , Sales, partnerships, etc.)
- Excellent problem solving, organizational, and analytical skills
It would be even better if you have …
- Track record of delivering successful B2B products, from inception to scale
- Experience working with 3P developers and structuring tech partnerships, and partnering with BD and developer relations teams
- Experience building SDKs and UI frameworks to drive 3P developer adoption
- Comfortability managing internal and external executive level stakeholders
- Flexible, hybrid work environment
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% paid employee health benefit options
- Employer funded 401(k) match
- L&D offerings + a free LinkedIn learning account
- Corporate wellness programs with Headspace and Peloton
- Sabbatical leave (for employees with 5+ years of service)
- Competitive parental leave
- Cell phone reimbursement
- In office perks including:
- Catered lunch everyday along with snacks
- Commuter Benefits
- Convenient Soho location
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.
Job Applicant Privacy Notice