Healthcare should work for patients, but it doesn’t. In their time of need, they call down outdated insurance directories. Then wait on hold. Then wait weeks for the privilege of a visit. Then wait in a room solely designed for waiting. Then wait for a surprise bill. In any other consumer industry, the companies delivering such a poor customer experience would not survive. But in healthcare, patients lack market power. Which means they are expected to accept the unacceptable.
Zocdoc’s mission is to give power to the patient. To do that, we’ve built the leading healthcare marketplace that makes it easy to find and book in-person or virtual care in all 50 states, across +200 specialties and +12k insurance plans. By giving patients the ability to see and choose, we give them power. In doing so, we can make healthcare work like every other consumer sector, where businesses compete for customers, not the other way around. In time, this will drive quality up and prices down.
We’re 15 years old and the leader in our space, but we are still just getting started. If you like solving important, complex problems alongside deeply thoughtful, driven, and collaborative teammates, read on.
Your Impact on our Mission
Zocdoc’s most important asset is our people. As an FP&A Manager, you will be responsible for maintaining and consolidating our financial and investor reporting, as well as reviewing financial data to make strategic recommendations. You will interface directly with department leaders and corporate executive management. We’re looking for someone who can effectively communicate financial results and forecasts, while also helping us improve and update our current process and systems.
You’ll enjoy this role if you are…
- An analytical thinker that is enthusiastic about working cross-functionally to achieve goals
- Collaborative, and enjoy building relationships at all levels of an organization
- Action oriented; you like tackling new challenges
- Flexible, and comfortable with the uncertainty of change
- Motivated by finding simple, effective solutions to complex business problems
- Someone who wants to see their work have real-world impact not just on a company’s financial statements, but also on its stated mission
Your day to day is…
- Collaborating with Finance team members to consolidate the annual financial plan and monthly forecasts for all three financial statements
- Presenting monthly financial results to our executive team, with recommendations based on findings
- Owning the reporting of company performance, including quarterly board materials, other investor materials, and executive reporting
- Acting as business owner of financial forecasting and reporting systems including system selection, vendor negotiation, implementation, and ongoing maintenance
- Reviewing the work of other Finance team members and providing real-time feedback
- Identifying areas for process improvement on the Finance team and the broader organization; partnering with leadership to implement solutions
- Partnering with Accounting to ensure accurate GAAP reporting, as well as, forecasting complex GL accounts (equity, debt and interest expense, etc.)
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- 5-8 years of work experience in a corporate finance / FP&A or related role
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics, or a related field
- A solid understanding of corporate finance and GAAP accounting
- Strong business acumen and interpersonal / business partnering skills
- Mastery of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong organizational skills with a keen attention to detail
- Planful or other financial systems experience
- Solid experience with communicating financial matters to non-Finance personnel
- Flexible, hybrid work environment
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% paid employee health benefit options
- Employer funded 401(k) match
- L&D offerings + a free LinkedIn learning account
- Corporate wellness programs with Headspace and Peloton
- Sabbatical leave (for employees with 5+ years of service)
- Competitive parental leave
- Cell phone reimbursement
- In office perks including:
- Catered lunch everyday along with snacks
- Commuter Benefits
- Convenient Soho location
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.
Job Applicant Privacy Notice