Local Sales Manager
Healthcare should work for patients, but it doesn’t. In their time of need, they call down outdated insurance directories. Then wait on hold. Then wait weeks for the privilege of a visit. Then wait in a room solely designed for waiting. Then wait for a surprise bill. In any other consumer industry, the companies delivering such a poor customer experience would not survive. But in healthcare, patients lack market power. Which means they are expected to accept the unacceptable.
Zocdoc’s mission is to give power to the patient. To do that, we’ve built the leading healthcare marketplace that makes it easy to find and book in-person or virtual care in all 50 states, across +200 specialties and +12k insurance plans. By giving patients the ability to see and choose, we give them power. In doing so, we can make healthcare work like every other consumer sector, where businesses compete for customers, not the other way around. In time, this will drive quality up and prices down.
We’re 15 years old and the leader in our space, but we are still just getting started. If you like solving important, complex problems alongside deeply thoughtful, driven, and collaborative teammates, read on.
Your Impact on our Mission
Zocdoc’s most important asset is our people. As a Sales Manager, Local Sales, you will be responsible for managing a highly motivated sales team, to drive results that grow revenue for Zocdoc. You will lead, hire, train, and retain top talent, while creating and fostering a culture that empowers the team to hit targets. You will be responsible for driving not just the results of their team, but also the culture in a way that is best for Zocdoc patients, providers, and employees.
You’ll enjoy this role if you are…
- A builder and a strategist. You thrive in ambiguous situations, are able to strategize, build consensus, and bring ideas to life
- The kind of leader who loves to roll your sleeves up, lead by example, and stay close to the work
- Passionate about leveraging data to create actionable insights that will solve complex problems
- The kind of person who builds a culture of high performance and impact by establishing trust with their teams
Your day to day is…
- Managing and coaching a bench of individual contributors who are driving results
- Building a diverse and inclusive talent pipeline and leadership bench
- Working with stakeholders across the business to ensure requirements are met to hit targets
- Communicating actively and often with tailored messaging so that all of our stakeholders are in the loop, and our sales team is motivated and focused
- Strategizing and prioritizing. There’s no shortage of ideas - but time isn’t infinite. You’ll lean on data and your knowledge of our organization to make sure you’re smartly deciding what needs to happen now, and what can wait until later
- Working closely with Sales Leadership and our Sales Operations team to build out reporting, forecasts, and roadmaps
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- A minimum of 2 years of Sales Management experience
- Demonstrated experience building strong teams that perform, and tout an inclusive, supportive, and collaborative culture
- Proven track record of working broadly across an organization, working with multiple stakeholders across all tenure buckets (executive to individual contributor)
- Strong business acumen, and an appreciation for reporting and data fidelity
- Experience working autonomously
- A passion for healthcare and health systems, and a deep understanding of its complexity
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Flexible, hybrid work environment
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% paid employee health benefit options
- Employer funded 401(k) match
- L&D offerings + a free LinkedIn learning account
- Corporate wellness programs with Headspace and Peloton
- Sabbatical leave (for employees with 5+ years of service)
- Competitive parental leave
- Cell phone reimbursement
- In office perks including:
- Catered lunch everyday along with snacks
- Commuter Benefits
- Convenient Soho location
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.
Job Applicant Privacy Notice