Inbound Sales Development Representative
Healthcare should work for patients, but it doesn’t. In their time of need, they call down outdated insurance directories. Then wait on hold. Then wait weeks for the privilege of a visit. Then wait in a room solely designed for waiting. Then wait for a surprise bill. In any other consumer industry, the companies delivering such a poor customer experience would not survive. But in healthcare, patients lack market power. Which means they are expected to accept the unacceptable.
Zocdoc’s mission is to give power to the patient. To do that, we’ve built the leading healthcare marketplace that makes it easy to find and book in-person or virtual care in all 50 states, across +200 specialties and +12k insurance plans. By giving patients the ability to see and choose, we give them power. In doing so, we can make healthcare work like every other consumer sector, where businesses compete for customers, not the other way around. In time, this will drive quality up and prices down.
We’re 15 years old and the leader in our space, but we are still just getting started. If you like solving important, complex problems alongside deeply thoughtful, driven, and collaborative teammates, read on.
Your Impact On Our Mission:
As an Inbound Sales Development Representative (iSDR) you’ll play a critical role in putting power back into the hands of the patient by helping us meet and exceed our sales growth goals. This isn’t your standard sales job - you’ll be given constant support, with a hands on, immersive training program, consistent feedback and development, and work alongside driven and passionate sales professionals.
As a Zocdoc’r, you may be working remotely, but that doesn’t mean you’re working alone. Your Sales Manager will act as your dedicated coach, guiding you through inbound and outbound sales strategies. You’ll master communicating value efficiently, navigating gatekeepers, and executing on a successful outreach strategy from our comprehensive training program.
You’ll enjoy this role if you are…
- Courageous, determined, and not afraid to fail
- Motivated by meeting and exceeding targets and goals
- Comfortable working remotely, and a strong believer in individual accountability
- Intellectually curious and looking to develop and grow your sales and persuasion skills
- Enthusiastic about working in a diverse and supportive team environment
Your day to day is…
- Fielding a high volume of inbound inquiries from Doctors’ offices
- Responding to, and qualifying inbound leads over the phone
- Collaborating with your teammates to get to our inbound leads quickly
- Providing feedback to our marketing team on the effectiveness of their campaigns
- Working closely with your manager and sales executives to track meeting success rate and outcomes
- Communicating and collaborating with team members on best practices and processes
- Innovating and testing creative ways to gain access and trust with prospective customers
- Smartly prioritizing and organizing your time to be as productive as possible
- Working closely with your manager to implement coaching and feedback
- Attending weekly team, and all employee meetings to understand the why behind your work, and the impact it has on Zocdoc’s patients
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- A desire to have a career in sales
- An ability to manage high volume tasks in an organized way
- Experience with persuasion and objection handling
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The desire to receive and implement feedback
- A passion for creating a better patient experience
- A dedicated space where you can work in comfort with minimal distractions
- A dedicated high speed internet connection of 10 mbps (up/down)
- Uncapped commission
- Competitive PTO
- 100% paid employee health benefit options
- Employer funded 401(k) match
- L&D offerings + a free LinkedIn learning account
- Corporate wellness programs with Headspace and Peloton
- Sabbatical leave (for employees with 5+ years of service)
- Competitive parental leave
- Cell phone reimbursement
Zocdoc is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. Salary ranges are determined through alignment with market data. Base salary offered is determined by a number of factors including the candidate’s experience, qualifications, and skills. Certain positions are also eligible for variable pay and/or equity; your recruiter will discuss the full compensation package details.
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.
Job Applicant Privacy Notice