Principal Product Analyst
Healthcare should work for patients, but it doesn’t. In their time of need, they call down outdated insurance directories. Then wait on hold. Then wait weeks for the privilege of a visit. Then wait in a room solely designed for waiting. Then wait for a surprise bill. In any other consumer industry, the companies delivering such a poor customer experience would not survive. But in healthcare, patients lack market power. Which means they are expected to accept the unacceptable.
Zocdoc’s mission is to give power to the patient. To do that, we’ve built the leading healthcare marketplace that makes it easy to find and book in-person or virtual care in all 50 states, across +200 specialties and +12k insurance plans. By giving patients the ability to see and choose, we give them power. In doing so, we can make healthcare work like every other consumer sector, where businesses compete for customers, not the other way around. In time, this will drive quality up and prices down.
We’re 15 years old and the leader in our space, but we are still just getting started. If you like solving important, complex problems alongside deeply thoughtful, driven, and collaborative teammates, read on.
Your Impact on our Mission
We are seeking a Principal Product Analyst to join our Product Analytics team that is embedded in Zocdoc’s Product organization. As an experienced individual contributor on the Product Analytics team, you will have a chance to shape strategy for critical product areas through data and will guide product development with relevant insights based on analysis. You will be the subject matter expert on metrics and success measurement, experiment design, and visual storytelling via data. You are focused on impact, and have the skills to understand customers and promote growth. You should demonstrate curiosity, data fluency, and a collaborative work ethic.
Your role will be to take ownership of generating insights and recommendations to shape our product roadmap and go-to-market strategy. You will partner closely with Product, Engineering, Design, Marketing, UX Research, Sales and Business Operations to define, prioritize and execute initiatives that drive business growth.
You’ll enjoy this role if you are..
- Inspired by the opportunity to positively impact the healthcare experience of millions of patients and providers
- Motivated to go beyond the symptoms of a problem to understand the root causes
- Passionate about working with, analyzing, and creating data sets
- Enthusiastic about mentoring a team of Product Analysts, sharing your experience and expertise with others who are eager to learn
Your day to day is…
- Creating edge-of-the-seat product and customer insights that enable Product Directors/Managers to define strategy and prioritize roadmaps
- Influencing decision makers in cross-functional teams by (re)defining key metrics of success, building data-driven narratives on growth opportunities, and sizing outcomes
- Partnering with Product, Technology, Design, and other teams to ideate, test, and launch product features; own deep-dive analysis of post-launch impact and recommendations to optimize product experience
- Maintaining a constant pulse on health of the business & product by tracking KPIs against targets and conducting investigations of key trends and their underlying drivers
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- 4 to 8 years experience in a hands-on analytical role, product strategy, management consulting, business intelligence, and other similar roles
- Experience influencing decision makers across cross-functional teams using insights generated through quantitative and qualitative data
- Ability to synthesize data into actionable insights across all levels of stakeholders (business, technical, and executives)
- Strong SQL proficiency and understanding of data modeling concepts
- Familiarity with using and driving self-service adoption of data visualization tools (e.g. Looker, Tableau)
- Flexible, hybrid work environment
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% paid employee health benefit options
- Employer funded 401(k) match
- L&D offerings + a free LinkedIn learning account
- Corporate wellness programs with Headspace and Peloton
- Sabbatical leave (for employees with 5+ years of service)
- Competitive parental leave
- Cell phone reimbursement
- In office perks including:
- Catered lunch everyday along with snacks
- Commuter Benefits
- Convenient Soho location
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.
Job Applicant Privacy Notice