Senior Product Analyst
Healthcare should work for patients, but it doesn’t. In their time of need, they call down outdated insurance directories. Then wait on hold. Then wait weeks for the privilege of a visit. Then wait in a room solely designed for waiting. Then wait for a surprise bill. In any other consumer industry, the companies delivering such a poor customer experience would not survive. But in healthcare, patients lack market power. Which means they are expected to accept the unacceptable.
Zocdoc’s mission is to give power to the patient. To do that, we’ve built the leading healthcare marketplace that makes it easy to find and book in-person or virtual care in all 50 states, across +200 specialties and +12k insurance plans. By giving patients the ability to see and choose, we give them power. In doing so, we can make healthcare work like every other consumer sector, where businesses compete for customers, not the other way around. In time, this will drive quality up and prices down.
We’re 15 years old and the leader in our space, but we are still just getting started. If you like solving important, complex problems alongside deeply thoughtful, driven, and collaborative teammates, read on.
Your Impact on our Mission:
We are looking for a Senior Product Analyst to join our Data team at Zocdoc! As a Senior Product Analyst, you’ll partner closely with the product teams to help make better decisions that power our business. You will shape strategy for critical product areas through data, and will guide product development with relevant insights based on analysis. You will be the subject matter expert on metrics and success measurement, experiment design and visual storytelling via data. You are focused on impact, and have the skill to understand customers and promote growth. You should demonstrate curiosity, data fluency, and a collaborative work ethic.
You’ll enjoy this role if you are…
- Passionate about working with analyzing and creating data sets
- A product-driven analyst who likes to partner with multiple stakeholders
- Excited to use technology to enhance the consumer experience
Your day to day is…
- Providing actionable insights to help product managers understand trends, marketplace dynamics, and user behaviors
- Identifying and quantitatively sizing feature opportunities based on user insights, to inform our overall Product strategy
- Partnering with product managers to define common user paths and actions, and owning data instrumentation and architecture components
- Own experimentation and launch design including A/B testing setup, execution, and analysis. Inform Product partners through clear interpretation of results
- Translating broad questions into plans for research and discovery, perform proactive data exploration, and communicate the results in a compelling way
- Partnering with the Product team to understand key business health questions, and build a dashboard suite that will become the go-to resource for common themes and reduce time to insight
- Becoming an expert in a specific product area, handle KPI reporting used to measure the health of the business and provide critical visibility of our data to Product Managers, Engineering and other business teams
- Exploring data to find actionable insights and make product recommendations through funnels, cohort analyses, and long-term trend investigations
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- A BA/BS degree in a quantitative discipline: computer science, statistics, applied mathematics, operations research, engineering, economics, etc.
- 3+ years of work experience in process execution, business intelligence, dashboarding, reporting, or data analysis
- Fundamental understanding of predictive modeling and/or forecasting techniques
- 3+ years of experience with causal analytics and experimental design, implementation, and analysis (split tests, A/B tests, holdout tests, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience with manipulating large data sets using SQL
- 2+ years of experience with Tableau, Looker or comparable data visualization tools
- A passion to get deep into the weeds with data and understand edge cases and how to best represent them
- Experience building relationships with teammates, influencing decisions at a variety of levels and across multiple teams
- Flexible, hybrid work environment
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% paid employee health benefit options
- Employer funded 401(k) match
- L&D offerings + a free LinkedIn learning account
- Corporate wellness programs with Headspace and Peloton
- Sabbatical leave (for employees with 5+ years of service)
- Competitive parental leave
- Cell phone reimbursement
- In office perks including:
- Catered lunch everyday along with snacks
- Commuter Benefits
- Convenient Soho location
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.
Job Applicant Privacy Notice