Provider Data Operations Team Lead
Healthcare should work for patients, but it doesn’t. In their time of need, they call down outdated insurance directories. Then wait on hold. Then wait weeks for the privilege of a visit. Then wait in a room solely designed for waiting. Then wait for a surprise bill. In any other consumer industry, the companies delivering such a poor customer experience would not survive. But in healthcare, patients lack market power. Which means they are expected to accept the unacceptable.
Zocdoc’s mission is to give power to the patient. To do that, we’ve built the leading healthcare marketplace that makes it easy to find and book in-person or virtual care in all 50 states, across +200 specialties and +12k insurance plans. By giving patients the ability to see and choose, we give them power. In doing so, we can make healthcare work like every other consumer sector, where businesses compete for customers, not the other way around. In time, this will drive quality up and prices down.
We’re 15 years old and the leader in our space, but we are still just getting started. If you like solving important, complex problems alongside deeply thoughtful, driven, and collaborative teammates, read on.
Your Impact on our Mission:
Zocdoc’s most important asset is our people. As a Provider Data Operations Team Lead, you will have end-to-end ownership of planning and execution for both internal processes and projects. You'll be responsible for supervising and managing the team and will own our core processes, performance management, coaching, and ensuring productivity, quality benchmarks and SLAs are met consistently.
You’ll enjoy this role if you are:
- Are enthusiastic about coaching and growing team members
- Have a fervent flame to learn and adapt to the changing business strategies
- The kind of leader who loves to roll your sleeves up, lead by example, and stay close to the work
- Are remarkable at time management and prioritization, managing stakeholders and projects simultaneously
- Enthusiastic about working cross-functionally to achieve goals
- Are outstanding in communicating effectively (both verbal and written)
- Lead, motivate, and coach a team of associates
- Foster a positive and collaborative team culture, ensuring effective communication and cooperation among team members
- Provide guidance and support to team members, promoting professional growth and development
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and implement streamlined procedures
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to enhance process efficiency
- Regularly assess and update the knowledge base to ensure effectiveness and alignment with organizational goals
- Monitor the key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure individual, team and process performance and provide actionables for improvement
- Implement performance feedback mechanisms and conduct regular performance reviews
- Handle escalated issues
- Manage work and resource allocation to ensure optimal utilization and efficiency
- Collaborate with other teams to forecast and plan for resource needs
- Identify opportunities for automation to improve utilization
- Implement and maintain quality assurance processes to ensure high standards quality
- Conduct regular audits to identify areas for improvement and uphold quality benchmarks
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to address quality-related concerns
- Proactively identify and address operational challenges, working collaboratively with the team to develop effective solutions
- Implement preventive measures to mitigate risks and enhance operational resilience
- Respond to and resolve escalated issues in a timely and effective manner
- Making data oriented decisions to drive people/projects towards a common organizational goal
- A Bachelor’s degree from a reputed institution
- 4+ years of proven experience in operations management with at least 1 year experience as a Team Lead in managing and coaching teams
- Proficiency in tools such as MS applications (Excel, Word, Powerpoint) Google applications (Google doc, sheets), Salesforce, Monday.com, Confluence
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and sharp focus
- Strong interpersonal and team skills
- Ability to learn quickly and readily adapt to change
- An incredible team of smart and supportive people
- A competitive compensation package, including attractive medical insurance
- Amazing perks – think catered lunch every day, ping pong, etc.
- Daycare/creche facility for kids
- L&D offerings + a free LinkedIn learning account
- Corporate wellness programs with Headspace
- Cellphone and wifi reimbursement
- Competitive parental leave
- Annual sponsored health check ups
- Sabbatical leave (over 5 years)
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.
Job Applicant Privacy Notice