Sales Development Representative
Healthcare should work for patients, but it doesn’t. In their time of need, they call down outdated insurance directories. Then wait on hold. Then wait weeks for the privilege of a visit. Then wait in a room solely designed for waiting. Then wait for a surprise bill. In any other consumer industry, the companies delivering such a poor customer experience would not survive. But in healthcare, patients lack market power. Which means they are expected to accept the unacceptable.
Zocdoc’s mission is to give power to the patient. To do that, we’ve built the leading healthcare marketplace that makes it easy to find and book in-person or virtual care in all 50 states, across +200 specialties and +12k insurance plans. By giving patients the ability to see and choose, we give them power. In doing so, we can make healthcare work like every other consumer sector, where businesses compete for customers, not the other way around. In time, this will drive quality up and prices down.
We’re 15 years old and the leader in our space, but we are still just getting started. If you like solving important, complex problems alongside deeply thoughtful, driven, and collaborative teammates, read on.
Your Impact on our mission:
As a Sales Development Representative (SDR) you’ll play a critical role in putting power back into the hands of the
patient by helping us meet and exceed our sales growth goals. This isn’t your standard sales job - you’ll be given
constant support, with a hands-on, immersive training program, consistent feedback, and development, and work
alongside driven and passionate sales professionals.
As a Zocdoc’r, you may be working remotely, but that doesn’t mean you’re working alone. Your Sales Manager will
act as your dedicated coach, guiding you through the outbound sales strategies. You’ll master communicating value
efficiently, navigating gatekeepers, and executing a successful outreach strategy from our comprehensive training
Shift timings: From 7.30 pm to 4.30 am or similar.
You’ll enjoy this role if you are...
● Courageous, determined, and not afraid to fail
● Motivated by meeting and exceeding targets and goals
● Comfortable working remotely in a night shift and a strong believer in individual accountability
● Intellectually curious and looking to develop and grow your sales and persuasion skills
● Enthusiastic about working in a diverse and supportive team environment
Your day-to-day is...
● Dialing the provided outbound leads and scheduling meetings for Sales Executives
● Working closely with your manager and sales executives to track meeting success rate and outcomes
● Communicating and collaborating with global team members on best practices and processes
● Innovating and testing creative ways to gain access and trust with prospective customers
● Smartly prioritize and organize your time to be as productive as possible
● Working closely with your manager to implement coaching and feedback
● Attending weekly team, and all employee meetings to understand the why behind your work, and
the impact it has on Zocdoc’s patients
You’ll be successful in this role if you have...
● A desire to have a career in sales
● Experience working in night shifts
● Good experience in international telesales/voice processes (US market preferred)
● Experience with persuasion and objection handling
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
● The desire to receive and implement feedback
● A passion for creating a better patient experience
● A dedicated space where you can work in comfort with minimal distractions
● A dedicated high-speed internet connection of 10 Mbps (up/down)
● An incredible team of smart and supportive people
● A competitive compensation package, including attractive medical insurance
● Amazing perks – think catered lunch every day, Ping Pong, etc.
● Daycare/creche facility for kids
● L&D offerings + a free LinkedIn Learning account
● Corporate wellness programs with Headspace.
● Cellphone and wifi reimbursement
● Competitive parental leave
● Sabbatical leave(over 5 years)
● Annual sponsored health check-ups
● Zocdoc is certified as a great place to work 2022-2023
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.
Job Applicant Privacy Notice