Senior Product Designer
Who We Are
Baton is seeking ambitious individuals who desire the autonomy and agility of a startup environment combined with the backing, power, reach, and stability of a highly respected logistics industry giant.
Baton is the Silicon Valley-based technology innovation lab for Ryder, a leading logistics company that owns 260k trucks and manages $7.4B of freight.
Prior to the September 2022 acquisition, Baton was a venture-backed start-up that operated a fleet of trucks and hung out at truck stops to truly understand the challenges at hand.
The Problem We’re Solving
Our mission is to eliminate supply chain waste by creating a digital platform to manage freight and eliminate supply chain waste.
There are 500 million hours wasted in trucking each year, over 3 billion gallons of fuel wasted per year from trucks idling, and 1 in 5 trucks on the road driving empty at any given point. This has a massive impact on the environment, the lives of millions of drivers, and ultimately, the cost of goods that we all pay. Baton is fixing that, and you will too through the impactful work you’ll do here.
Role Senior Product Designer
Location Hayes Valley, San Francisco, CA
Basic Job Details
Office days: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
Work from home days: Monday, Friday
Job type: Full time
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our rapidly growing product team to help us build the next-generation freight technology platform. As a third designer on the team, you would be creating innovative design solutions that immediately impact users’ day-to-day lives. We’re looking for people who are excited both about UX and UI and eager to solve complex problems. Someone who is scrappy, determined, and driven to make elegant and intuitive solutions for complex and inefficient workflows.
- Partner closely with key stakeholders to translate business objectives and user insights into innovative and feasible design solutions
- Take ownership of end-to-end design projects, from inception to execution
- Apply a user-centered design approach to create intuitive and elegant user experiences
- Create and maintain systems of design concepts, language, and patterns
- Collaborate with engineering to drive design system adoption and technical implementation initiatives
- Effectively convey design rationale and ideas to cross-functional stakeholders via sketches, storyboards, high-fidelity mockups, prototypes, or animations
- Ensure high-quality design practices focusing on usability, functionality, and modern design aesthetic
- Led the full design life cycle from user research and prototyping through usability testing and implementation
- Developed design systems and worked closely with developers on implementing it
- Worked in a scaled agile/scrum design and development process connecting with teams from both creative and technical backgrounds
- Partnered with key stakeholders to design high-quality complex user-facing web applications
- 6+ years experience in Product or UX design
- Startup experience (stage Seed - C)
- Worked in a B2B environment
- Bachelor's degree in design or a related field
- Competitive salary and bonus structure
- Annual bonus and Long Term Incentive Plan participation
- Hybrid work schedule
- 401k with matching
- Medical, Dental, and Vision health coverage
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount to market value)
- Hyper-stable, publicly traded enterprise
- Collaborative, fun, and tech-forward office in Hayes Valley (San Francisco)
Compensation Range: The annual base salary range for this position is $96,000 - $193,000*. Compensation will vary based on factors including skill level, proficiencies, transferable knowledge, and experience. In addition to base salary, Baton's full-time employees are eligible for an annual performance bonus.
Why You Should Join
- Have an immediate impact
- With Ryder’s existing customer base of 50,000+ companies and an internal headcount of 43,000, the scale and impact of our products will be large and far-reaching, from day one.
- Opportunity to grow and lead in a Fortune 500 company
- You’ll get to work in a rapidly growing, startup-like environment while having the stability and backing of Ryder and its full executive team.
- Creative, fast-paced environment to solve impactful problems in supply chain
- We’re going to design completely new tools for an industry that hasn’t been rethought in decades. And to do this, we need people who think differently.