Senior Manager, Product Strategy & Operations
Our healthcare system is the leading cause of personal bankruptcy in the U.S. Every year, over 50 million Americans suffer adverse financial consequences as a result of seeking care, from lower credit scores to garnished wages. The challenge is only getting worse, as high deductible health plans are the fastest growing plan design in the U.S.
Cedar’s mission is to leverage data science, smart product design and personalization to make healthcare more affordable and accessible. Today, healthcare providers still engage with its consumers in a “one-size-fits-all” approach; and Cedar is excited to leverage consumer best practices to deliver a superior experience.
We are seeking a razor-sharp, self-motivated Senior Manager of Product Strategy & Operations to join our growing PS&O team. Our team leads a broad and strategic scope, including:
- Product Marketing: working across our Makers, Commercial, and Delivery teams to launch new products and ensure that our current and prospective clients see how Cedar products can transform the way their organizations engage patients
- Product Operations: empowering our Makers & Delivery teams – Engineering, Product, Design, Data Science, Implementations, and Client Solutions – to be as effective as possible, driving outstanding product execution through thoughtful, user-centric processes
- Product Strategy: leading our annual strategic planning & roadmapping efforts, incorporating market insights and feedback along the way
Our ideal candidate is a compassionate teammate, a trusted cross-functional collaborator, and a data-driven storyteller who thrives in ambiguity and dynamic environments. The ideal candidate possesses a deep understanding of the healthcare landscape and believes in Cedar's mission to improve the patient experience.
This role is remote-friendly and will report to the Director of Product Strategy & Operations.
- Your initial scope will be focused on Product Marketing – take immediate ownership of positioning, messaging, and enablement for the Cedar Suite – with a focus on how existing clients understand Cedar’s value proposition and product roadmap
- Drive the optimization of key company assets like our implementation playbook, pitch deck, product demo, client quarterly business review templates, and more
- Meet with current and prospective clients as a product expert to speak to our innovation roadmap and solicit feedback
- Support new product and feature launches from alpha to beta to GA – working as a strategic partner to our Product Managers and trusted consultant to the Commercial and Delivery organizations on how to take their products to market
- Lead campaigns around our seasonal product releases to drive improved awareness and adoption of Cedar’s latest features across our client base
- Support strategic product initiatives as needed through program management and analysis – including opportunities to optimize our product and vendor partnership costs
- Support our strategic planning and roadmapping processes
- Conduct market research and competitive diligence to inform Cedar’s value proposition
Skills & Experience:
- Prior experience with revenue cycle management, EHRs, patient engagement, fintech, or navigating large healthcare enterprises strongly preferred
- 5-7 years of relevant professional experience in product marketing, management consulting, finance, healthcare technology, or other similar high-growth environment
- Experience collaborating directly with Product, Engineering, Implementation/Delivery, Data Science, and other technical teams
- Excellent cross-functional communication skills; must be comfortable speaking with clients and large internal audiences; able to build formal networks and lead forums with senior company decision makers and department leaders
- Applies leading edge knowledge and broad expertise to lead and contribute to key company OKRs around product differentiation
- Willingness to travel to our NYC HQ (or be based in NY) and visit client sites on occasion; credibly serves as external spokesperson for the Product organization in such settings
- Bias-to-action and hands-on experience delivering business results – you’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get into the weeds
- Positive “can do'”demeanor, self-motivated, and self-directed
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Mastery of Google Slides/Sheets or Powerpoint/Excel; experience with Salesforce, Looker, and Jira a plus
Compensation Range and Benefits
- Salary Range*: $150,000 - $175,000
- This role is equity eligible
- This role offers a competitive benefits and wellness package
*Subject to location, experience, and education
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- A chance to improve the U.S. healthcare system at a high-growth company! Our leading healthcare financial platform is scaling rapidly, helping millions of patients per year
- Unless stated otherwise, most roles have flexibility to work from home or in the office, depending on what works best for you
- For exempt employees: Unlimited PTO for vacation, sick and mental health days–we encourage everyone to take at least 20 days of PTO per year to ensure dedicated time to spend with loved ones, explore, rest and recharge
- 16 weeks paid parental leave with health benefits for all parents, plus flexible re-entry schedules for returning to work
- Diversity initiatives that encourage Cedarians to bring their whole selves to work, including the Cedarian Advisory Group (a cross-functional cohort focused on increasing internal inclusiveness at Cedar) and three employee resource groups: be@cedar (for BIPOC-identifying Cedarians and their allies), Pridecones (for LGBTQIA+ Cedarians and their allies) and Cedar Women+ (for female-identifying Cedarians)
- Competitive pay, equity (for qualifying roles) and health benefits that start on the first of the month following your start date (or on your start date if your start date coincides with the first of the month)
- Cedar matches 100% of your 401(k) contributions, up to 3% of your annual compensation
- Access to hands-on mentorship, employee and management coaching, and a team discretionary budget for learning and development resources to help you grow both professionally and personally
Cedar was co-founded by Florian Otto and Arel Lidow in 2016 after a negative medical billing experience inspired them to help improve our healthcare system. With a commitment to solving billing and patient experience issues, Cedar has become a leading healthcare technology company fueled by remarkable growth. Over the past several years, we’ve raised more than $350 million in funding from investors such as Andreessen Horowitz and Tiger Global, bringing Cedar’s valuation to $3.2 billion.
As of December 2022, Cedar is engaging with 20 million patients on an annualized basis, and is on target to process $2.7 billion in patient payments annually. Cedar’s ambition is to serve 50-60 million Americans by 2025, about half of the U.S. population that makes medical payments annually. Cedar partners with more than 55 leading healthcare providers and payers including Highmark Inc., Allegheny Health Network, Summit Health, Novant Health, Allina Health and Providence.