Manager, Value Engineering
Our healthcare system is the leading cause of personal bankruptcy in the U.S. Every year, over 50 million Americans suffer adverse financial consequences as a result of seeking care, from lower credit scores to garnished wages. The challenge is only getting worse, as high deductible health plans are the fastest growing plan design in the U.S.
Cedar’s mission is to leverage data science, smart product design and personalization to make healthcare more affordable and accessible. Today, healthcare providers still engage with its consumers in a “one-size-fits-all” approach; and Cedar is excited to leverage consumer best practices to deliver a superior experience.
We are looking for team members to help transform how we articulate, assess, and improve value holistically across our expanding product suite. The impact of this team on our business is immense. Cedar is taking a new approach at tailoring bespoke projections and expanded metrics to prospective clients as well as more proactive financial health diagnoses and interventions on deteriorating value for our current clients.
This individual will be client facing and responsible for being a hands-on contributor to data analysis, executing on value strategy, collaborating cross-functionally with teams across Cedar, serving as a value subject matter expert, and being an escalation point for other team members. The Manager, Value Engineering reports to the Senior Director of Value Engineering.
- Data analysis including but not limited to: baselining and measuring client performance across our holistic product suite, conducting ad-hoc value analysis, building comprehensive and customized ROI models for prospective clients, performing root cause metric analysis,
- Collaborate with Sales to create customized ROI analyses for prospective clients, showcasing the specific financial benefits they can achieve through our solutions and develop compelling business cases that demonstrate the impact of our software on key performance indicators and financial metrics relevant to each prospect
- Collaborate with Client Management to maintain an ongoing dialogue with clients, ensuring they are realizing the expected financial outcomes from our solutions as well as diagnosing drivers of financial underperformance and monitoring performance metrics to identify opportunities for enhancement or additional value realization.
- Support, direct, and QA work done by other team members; serve as escalation point and help troubleshoot and strategize how to combat data issues or new requests
- Leverage prior Revenue Cycle and consumer knowledge to establish credibility, conduct client data meetings, pitch-outs, and subsequent client correspondence to execute and gain buy-in on performance and value
- Facilitate regular collaboration with Product, Data Science, Client Management, Sales, Engineering and Marketing stakeholders to gain insights and execute on deliverables that reinforce Value Engineering strategy
- Enable the delivery of client value stories by creating client facing materials, maintaining playbooks and client-specific documentation, and contributing to marketing collateral
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree; a minimum 5 years work experience in a client-facing role
- Prior experience in healthcare revenue cycle with extensive knowledge of revenue cycle metrics and analytics; experience working with consumer data a plus
- Proficiency in conducting custom data analysis and ability to troubleshoot and diagnose issues utilizing healthcare data sets
- Excellent listening and communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to translate data and insights into compelling, executive-facing narratives
- Strong analytical skill set, attention to detail, and passion for problem solving
- Demonstrates a self-starter mentality and ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, cross-collaborative environment
- Experience working with several internal partners in a cross functional capacity
- Proficiency in Excel / Google Sheets
Compensation Range and Benefits
- Salary Range*: $140,250 - $165,000
- This role is equity eligible
- This role offers a competitive benefits and wellness package
*Subject to location, experience, and education
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- A chance to improve the U.S. healthcare system at a high-growth company! Our leading healthcare financial platform is scaling rapidly, helping millions of patients per year
- Unless stated otherwise, most roles have flexibility to work from home or in the office, depending on what works best for you
- For exempt employees: Unlimited PTO for vacation, sick and mental health days–we encourage everyone to take at least 20 days of PTO per year to ensure dedicated time to spend with loved ones, explore, rest and recharge
- 16 weeks paid parental leave with health benefits for all parents, plus flexible re-entry schedules for returning to work
- Diversity initiatives that encourage Cedarians to bring their whole selves to work, including the Cedarian Advisory Group (a cross-functional cohort focused on increasing internal inclusiveness at Cedar) and three employee resource groups: be@cedar (for BIPOC-identifying Cedarians and their allies), Pridecones (for LGBTQIA+ Cedarians and their allies) and Cedar Women+ (for female-identifying Cedarians)
- Competitive pay, equity (for qualifying roles) and health benefits that start on the first of the month following your start date (or on your start date if your start date coincides with the first of the month)
- Cedar matches 100% of your 401(k) contributions, up to 3% of your annual compensation
- Access to hands-on mentorship, employee and management coaching, and a team discretionary budget for learning and development resources to help you grow both professionally and personally
Cedar was co-founded by Florian Otto and Arel Lidow in 2016 after a negative medical billing experience inspired them to help improve our healthcare system. With a commitment to solving billing and patient experience issues, Cedar has become a leading healthcare technology company fueled by remarkable growth. Over the past several years, we’ve raised more than $350 million in funding from investors such as Andreessen Horowitz and Tiger Global, bringing Cedar’s valuation to $3.2 billion.
As of December 2022, Cedar is engaging with 20 million patients on an annualized basis, and is on target to process $2.7 billion in patient payments annually. Cedar’s ambition is to serve 50-60 million Americans by 2025, about half of the U.S. population that makes medical payments annually. Cedar partners with more than 55 leading healthcare providers and payers including Highmark Inc., Allegheny Health Network, Summit Health, Novant Health, Allina Health and Providence.