Product Success Specialist
Our healthcare system is the leading cause of personal bankruptcy in the U.S. Every year, over 50 million Americans suffer adverse financial consequences as a result of seeking care, from lower credit scores to garnished wages. The challenge is only getting worse, as high deductible health plans are the fastest growing plan design in the U.S.
Cedar’s mission is to leverage data science, smart product design and personalization to make healthcare more affordable and accessible. Today, healthcare providers still engage with its consumers in a “one-size-fits-all” approach; and Cedar is excited to leverage consumer best practices to deliver a superior experience.
In order to ensure our clients are able to provide the best patient experience possible, Cedar is seeking a Product Success Specialist to support our clients in their day-to-day use of the product, work cross-functionally to ensure the smoothest client journey both with case management and the product itself, and provide a valuable voice for our clients throughout the product development lifecycle. You’ll also have the opportunity to be hands-on in scaling the team along with the development of team processes and best practices.
The Product Success Team is scaling and evolving quickly, allowing you to play an integral role in the team's growth, as well as your professional growth and development.
- Work independently to manage and triage incoming client requests and concerns.
- Ensure timely follow-up of client requests and concerns and effectively prioritize, triage, and escalate issues that require additional resources.
- Manage product issues to completion by working cross-functionally with Product Management, Engineering, Client Management, and other key stakeholders.
- Partner with team leaders and Product Managers to surface valuable insights and feedback, prioritize product issues effectively, and support efforts to monitor the health of our products.
- Become a true Cedar product expert.
- You may also:
- Work on or support impactful team improvement and development projects.
- Assist in developing or enhancing team processes to scale.
- Support and mentor new team members as they onboard.
Required Skills & Experience
- 3-4 years experience in a customer/client facing role
- Familiarity with or desire to learn technical basics (such as SQL and Looker) to partner effectively with Cedar’s engineering team to resolve client issues
- Familiarity with case management systems and metrics
- Ability to communicate thoughtfully and tactfully with a variety of client stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solutions oriented problem-solving and critical thinking abilities
- Basic understanding of product development in the technology space
- Self-starter and excited to work in a fast paced environment
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic and good judgment
- Strong interpersonal skills - you care about people and are passionate about helping others!
Desired But Not Required
- Knowledge of or experience in the healthcare space and/or medical billing
- Working experience with analytics tools like Snowflake and Looker; ability to write and execute SQL queries
- Previous role at an early stage start-up
Compensation Range and Benefits
- Salary Range*: $85,000 - $100,000
- This role is equity eligible
- This role offers a competitive benefits and wellness package
*Subject to location, experience, and education
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- A chance to improve the U.S. healthcare system at a high-growth company! Our leading healthcare financial platform is scaling rapidly, helping millions of patients per year
- Unless stated otherwise, most roles have flexibility to work from home or in the office, depending on what works best for you
- For exempt employees: Unlimited PTO for vacation, sick and mental health days–we encourage everyone to take at least 20 days of PTO per year to ensure dedicated time to spend with loved ones, explore, rest and recharge
- 16 weeks paid parental leave with health benefits for all parents, plus flexible re-entry schedules for returning to work
- Diversity initiatives that encourage Cedarians to bring their whole selves to work, including the Cedarian Advisory Group (a cross-functional cohort focused on increasing internal inclusiveness at Cedar) and three employee resource groups: be@cedar (for BIPOC-identifying Cedarians and their allies), Pridecones (for LGBTQIA+ Cedarians and their allies) and Cedar Women+ (for female-identifying Cedarians)
- Competitive pay, equity (for qualifying roles) and health benefits that start on the first of the month following your start date (or on your start date if your start date coincides with the first of the month)
- Cedar matches 100% of your 401(k) contributions, up to 3% of your annual compensation
- Access to hands-on mentorship, employee and management coaching, and a team discretionary budget for learning and development resources to help you grow both professionally and personally
Cedar was co-founded by Florian Otto and Arel Lidow in 2016 after a negative medical billing experience inspired them to help improve our healthcare system. With a commitment to solving billing and patient experience issues, Cedar has become a leading healthcare technology company fueled by remarkable growth. Over the past several years, we’ve raised more than $350 million in funding from investors such as Andreessen Horowitz and Tiger Global, bringing Cedar’s valuation to $3.2 billion.
As of December 2022, Cedar is engaging with 20 million patients on an annualized basis, and is on target to process $2.7 billion in patient payments annually. Cedar’s ambition is to serve 50-60 million Americans by 2025, about half of the U.S. population that makes medical payments annually. Cedar partners with more than 55 leading healthcare providers and payers including Highmark Inc., Allegheny Health Network, Summit Health, Novant Health, Allina Health and Providence.