Senior Product Designer
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Friday, November 11, 2022
At Nova Credit, our mission is to power a more fair and inclusive financial system for the world. Nova Credit's diverse global team is stitching together the world's credit data into a single network to unlock financial opportunities for immigrants and other populations historically excluded from the credit system. We've built a platform that enables lenders to access a single, predictive cross-border credit database to help enable underwriting decisions. We are backed by leading investors, including Kleiner Perkins, General Catalyst, Index Ventures, and a Great Place to Work Certified company!
As Nova Credit's Senior Product Designer, you will work with a fellow designer and the product team to establish the company's overall design direction; this is an exciting opportunity to collaborate with stakeholders across the organization. You'll visualize business and user goals by designing features and experiences that serve the millions of newcomers seeking to establish themselves in the US each year, thus making a monumental impact on Nova Credit's design and its users.
This is a remote-friendly, full-time role, reporting to the CTO. Candidates based in the New York or San Francisco Bay areas are preferred.
- Design user-friendly products that can scale and meet business goals
- Communicate and present design decisions and processes clearly and succinctly
- Apply user insights and revenue-driven data in product design to make business impact
- Advocate for and educate on UX principles to product, engineering, and other cross-functional teams
WITHIN THE FIRST MONTH, YOU'LL:
- Familiarize yourself with the intricacies of the Nova Credit suite of products - including our consumer and customer-facing application experiences across the Credit Passport and Cash Atlas product lines
- Get acclimated to our current design system, and suggest improvements where you see fit
- Work with our existing team to grow and measure the impact of our design function
WITHIN THE FIRST QUARTER, YOU'LL:
- Become an industry expert who can advise current lending customers across multiple verticals about their overall qualifications and application experiences
- Act as the key partner of prioritization and execution with our product management and engineering functions across a wide range of requests, from revamping our consumer onboarding flow to redesigning how lending institutions use underwriting tools
- Improve, iterate on, and maintain Nova Credit’s design system, resulting in better consistency between products and improving developer velocity
WITHIN THE FIRST YEAR, YOU'LL:
- Develop the user journey for a historic platform of products and services that drive financial inclusion within the US and across the globe
- Drive the organizational elements of our design function across our multiple product lines
- Help to drive $MM in ARR for the organization by working in both B2B and D2C spaces and converting our highest-value consumers across multiple verticals
- 5+ years or equivalent experience in product design, with deep experience in end-to-end product development
- A portfolio that demonstrates a breadth of both UX and UI work
- Skillful at creating high-fidelity mockups using the latest design tools (e.g., Figma)
- An ability to collaborate with a cross-functional team, including product, engineering, consumer insights, customer success, and marketing
- A passion for visual and interaction design systems and an ability to understand the big picture while still sweating the details
- The strength to work independently and make forward progress by proactively identifying blockers and seeking out ways to overcome them
- Conceptual understanding of popular front-end frameworks like React
Everyone is welcome at Nova Credit. We are an equal-opportunity employer where our diversity and inclusion are central pillars to our company strategy. We look for applicants who understand, embrace, and thrive in a multicultural and increasingly globalized world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.