Posted on Tuesday, March 30, 2021
Rescale is the leading hybrid cloud platform delivering intelligent computing for digital R&D, and enabling more than 300 customers from startups to Fortune 50 enterprises to accelerate design cycles and time to market. Founded by former Boeing aerospace engineers, Rescale gives research scientists and engineers the ability to automate their workflows across simulation and artificial intelligence applications, fully automated and performance optimized against the best high performance computing architectures. Using Rescale, industry leaders are accelerating new chip designs, enabling computational drug discovery, powering the design of new rockets and supersonic jets, and building a sustainable energy future.
We are seeking a Design Lead to join our team!
As a Design Lead at Rescale, you’ll help us build the next generation software that empowers our customers to create science and engineering breakthroughs with intelligent automated big compute.
We’re looking for great designers to work on growing our platform to be more effective for our customers through approachable, efficient and delightful experiences.
If you’re looking for that next challenge and want to work in a highly technical space with challenging customer problems, this might be the place for you.
At Rescale, this means:
You will be responsible for working with engineering, product managers and our marketing team to drive cross-team collaboration from the early stages of ideation, thru planning, implementation to customer delivery. As a designer, you will work closely with several teams to conceptualize, strategize, create and deliver solutions for both product and marketing initiatives.
You’ll need to think strategically, be creative, problem solve and negotiate design solutions in relation to business goals. Using your abilities to identify new opportunities and generate innovative ideas, you will influence the design direction and make our already popular products even better.
- Capable of rapidly converting brainstorming and ideation sessions into workable wireframes, concept designs and prototypes
- Ability to produce mood boards, storyboards, design briefs, sketches, visual language guidelines, visual comps, prototypes, scenarios, process flows, information architecture diagrams, wireframes, and other artifacts required to develop and evolve user experience designs
- Be accomplished at presenting design ideas and assets as needed to peers, partners, and management in ways that bring the customer story to life, Incorporate feedback into design efforts
- Ability to demonstrate and present an in-depth knowledge of fundamental design principles around visual and interaction design, as well as a proven record of applying a good design process
- Ability to adapt to a deeply technical workspace that supports a vibrant ecosystem around the data estate that is constantly evolving in technical capability
- Strong project management skills to keep your project on track in a variety of team environments
- Given our distributed nature, you’ll need an ability to work independently, and at the same time build community with your teams and collaborate with a wide-ranging set of teammates from around the world
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ year’s industry experience in the field with a track record of solving customer problems with good design
- A portfolio of past work that demonstrates your interaction and visual capabilities, illustrates your process and shows your evolution as a designer
- Fluent in current design tooling – mainly Figma and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Knowledge of methods for gathering, analyzing and responding in design to user research data and business requirements
- Understanding of the technical side of the data ecosystem – the storage, use and storytelling capabilities of modern data engineers/scientists
- Understanding of demand generation and marketing generation and how those top-of-funnel activities impact the customer lifecycle.
Compensation packages at Rescale are determined based on candidate leveling and geographic location. The base salary for this position ranges from $135,968-182,750. Successful candidates will receive company equity in addition to the base salary listed in this description.
Rescale is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment with Rescale will be contingent upon successful completion of a comprehensive background check.