Senior Product Designer
Healthcare should work for patients, but it doesn’t. In their time of need, they call down outdated insurance directories. Then wait on hold. Then wait weeks for the privilege of a visit. Then wait in a room solely designed for waiting. Then wait for a surprise bill. In any other consumer industry, the companies delivering such a poor customer experience would not survive. But in healthcare, patients lack market power. Which means they are expected to accept the unacceptable.
Zocdoc’s mission is to give power to the patient. To do that, we’ve built the leading healthcare marketplace that makes it easy to find and book in-person or virtual care in all 50 states, across +200 specialties and +12k insurance plans. By giving patients the ability to see and choose, we give them power. In doing so, we can make healthcare work like every other consumer sector, where businesses compete for customers, not the other way around. In time, this will drive quality up and prices down.
We’re 15 years old and the leader in our space, but we are still just getting started. If you like solving important, complex problems alongside deeply thoughtful, driven, and collaborative teammates, read on.
Your Impact on our Mission:
As a Senior Product Designer at Zocdoc, you will play a crucial role in driving the user experience and design direction of our products. You’ll be responsible for leading design projects from ideation to implementation and contributing to the overall growth and success of the design team. With your expertise, creativity, and leadership skills, you will help shape the future of healthcare technology and directly influence the way patients connect with healthcare providers.
You’ll enjoy this role if you are…
- Passionate about creating user-centered designs that have a real impact on people's lives.
- Excited to collaborate with cross-functional teams and influence product strategy and direction.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where you can drive meaningful change.
Your day to day is…
- Leading and successfully delivering design projects of significant scope, ensuring high-quality outcomes.
- Communicating user experience decisions and rationale clearly, facilitating productive discussions and driving progress forward.
- Acting as a design leader within the team, bringing valuable insights and perspectives to design crits and cross-functional meetings.
- Staying up to date with the latest design and research trends, tools, and best practices, incorporating them into your work.
- Contributing to the development of design and research guidelines and standards, ensuring their adherence throughout the process.
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- 6+ years of experience as a product designer, with a strong portfolio demonstrating your ability to create impactful, user-centered designs.
- BA/BS degree in design, a related field (e.g., interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), or equivalent practical experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, enabling effective collaboration and articulation of design decisions.
- Strong leadership skills, with a proven track record of mentoring and guiding junior designers.
- Exceptional problem-solving and critical-thinking abilities, capable of leading and delivering on projects of various scopes.
- Deep understanding of user-centered design principles, research methodologies, visual design, and interaction design best practices.
- A life-long learner mentality with a growth mindset
- Flexible, hybrid work environment
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% paid employee health benefit options
- Employer funded 401(k) match
- L&D offerings + a free LinkedIn learning account
- Corporate wellness programs with Headspace and Peloton
- Sabbatical leave (for employees with 5+ years of service)
- Competitive parental leave
- Cell phone reimbursement
- In office perks including:
- Catered lunch everyday along with snacks
- Commuter Benefits
- Convenient Soho location
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.
Job Applicant Privacy Notice